CHAPTER 4

“This kind of place needs to disappear! With the devil!”

William exclaimed as he picked up a long iron rod.

“That doesn’t make any sense. If that part collapses, it’ll be dangerous for you too!”

“Hmph. It’s okay because I’m only going to break the door so you can’t go back in.”

I slapped my forehead with my hands in exasperation.

No one could predict what would happen if this small neglected building, which had narrowly maintained its shape, continued to be destroyed.

The children were holding tools, and the building was so old.

“Stop it right now.”

Theo stepped up to grab William by the collar. His hand, which held enough strength to punch him right away, was shaking finely.

“Will you kill me? Well, I wouldn’t doubt it since you’re the devil.”

At William’s words, Theo’s fist rose. Now, Theo only had to hit William in the face.

“No!”

I dashed to Theo, who raised his hand. Quickly clasping his hand, I said.

“Theo, you can’t do that. You were never the kind of person William talks about. Right?”

Theo’s gaze drifted towards my hand, squeezing tightly.

“If you get caught up in his provocation, you’ll have to admit William’s words. I mean…”

William, who was watching Theo and I, suddenly stepped in and said.

“Hey, you touched it, Iris. You’re going to get it from Theo too. The devil could be transmitted to you.”

I felt my patience crumbling at his words.

Thanks to this, I uttered something completely different from what I originally intended to say.

“So…”

I bit my lower lip slightly. Then I smiled brightly and grabbed William’s ear.

“I’ll take care of it for you.”

“Ouch!”

William’s scream, in an instant, drew the attention of the children who were destroying the building.

I pulled William’s ear toward me, keeping a smile regardless.

“Oh, it hurts! Iris!”

William quickly shed tears, promptly displacing the look of cruelty with the face of a 10-year-old-child.

I let go of William’s ear and spoke calmly.

“What did Theo do wrong? Just leave him alone.”

“Don’t interrupt me!”

“I thought you would be like an ordinary girl, but if you keep involving yourself with him…!”

I burst into laughter at the children’s words. The children, left alone on the side, were quick to become hostile to me who harassed William.

No matter what happens, violence is not allowed. I felt an ache in my heart as I vowed to do so.

Yeah. Sometimes, you just have to face it head-on.

“That’s funny! Theo, don’t move and stay right there!”

As I shouted, the children all dashed at me.

From that moment on, it became a fierce battle.

The children and I began a childish fight consisting of biting and pinching each other.