1. ᴡʜᴀᴛ ᴇʟsᴇ ᴄᴀɴ ɪ ᴅᴏ?

Edited: Mirabel is a girl here. And I fixed the little problems with his/him as much as I could. But Let me know if you see Mirabel was written as he/him or Mateo anywhere. Thank you. 💙

╔═════ ∘◦ ◦∘ ══════╗
1.
An Encanto

╚═════ ∘◦ ◦∘ ══════╝

"Open your eyes."

Little Mirabel Madrigal opened one eye, revealing her curious hazel eyes. Then she opened both of her eyes, looking at the beautiful magical candle in front of her in awe. She looked up at her grandma, Alma Madrigal, who was smiling down at her, ready to answer every question her little grandchild had.

"This is where our magic comes from?" Mirabel asked.

"Mm-hmm." Abuela Alma hummed, nodding, and looked at the enchanted candle. "This candle holds the miracle given to our family."

Mirabel frowned cutely, confused, "How did we get a miracle?"

Alma pulled her granddaughter in her lap, hugging her closer as she started to tell her a story, "Long ago..."

🕯

A young Alma smiled softly, looking down at the three babies in her arms. Her husband Pedro Madrigal, kissed her forehead.

His warm brown eyes sparkled under the candle (which was the single light source in their room) as he gazed at his family lovingly.

"when my three babies had just been born..."

But the family's blissful moment came to an end when they heard screaming noises from outside their house.

"Your abuelo Pedro and I were forced to flee our home."

The family of five walked through the jungle for safety, far away from their village, their home, which was now burning.

Pedro held a candle up, lighting their path, leading the way carefully. He kept a securing arm around his wife (who held their three babies close to her heart, protectively). Many other villagers followed them.

"And though many joined us...hoping to find a new home..."

When they reached a river, Pedro heard the raging horse steps coming closer to them.

"We could not escape the dangers..."

He looked at his wife and children, then behind their back, thoughtfully. He walked towards the bandits, courageously, trying to do anything to stop them from harming his family.

But the bandits didn't show any mercy.

"And your abuelo was lost."

Young Alma looked at the scene with wide eyes, tears streaming down her face. She fell to her knees, begging her dear husband to come back.

"But in our darkest moment..."

But he never did. However,

"We were given a miracle."

The illuminating candle which was leading their path, glowed brighter and brighter every second. Sparks burst around it and a magical glow surrounded Alma and her remaining family.