Give Him Time ..

Give him time.

Chapter 10

As I made my way out of the recreation center I dug my cell phone ouy of my purse and scrolled down to the number I've been staring at for the past week.

I bit my lip before hesitantly pressing call. Five rings later and his deep voice cane through.

"What do you want." I cringed at the harshness but shrugged it off. It wasn't about me. "We need to talk." I stated trying to sound unaffected by his tone.

"I dont want to talk to you." He laughed. I laid my hand on my chest as I felt that familiar tug of sadness. But once again I shoved away my feelings and my wolf's pathetic whines. "We need to talk about the twins ... Alpha." Since he was acting like a total dick who wanted nothing to do with me.

I decided to call him Alpha. It wasnt a huge deal. But it just reassured him I saw him as nothing but my alpha.

"Come to the pack house." He muttured. I nodded jumping into my car. "Okay." I said clearly starting the car hanging up.

Twenty minutes later I parked in the pack driveway. I bit my lip and leaned back in my seat. This was the first time I would see him since the woods. I still couldn't forget that heartbroken look he gave me.

It haunted me every night. I took a deep breath before jumping out of my car and inside the pack house.

"Ariana." Starled I jumped and turned to my right to face an unbelievably handsome guy. He had crystal blue eyes midnight black hair with slight scruff on his face. He had that whole messy but sexy look to him, but nearly nothing compared to Caleb.

"Y-yes?" I blushed. I felt hideous next to him. "Calebs waiting for you in his study." He chuckled smirking at me. Was I so obvious?

'Yes' my wolf growled making me cringe back.

"Thank you." I smiled stumbling away and through the familiar hall down the stairs to the double doors. I held my fist up to knock only to hear the familiar high pitched voice.

"I was thinking the theme color can be Pink! Like a fairytale. And we can get pink roses." She squealed. I heard a big smack and cringed. That was a sloppy kiss.

'That she-slut better get away from MY mate.' my wolf growled thrashing at the idea of Sarah being anywhere near touching Caleb.

I sighed and held onto my chest as I softly knocked on the huge mahogany door. I heard shuffling inside before the door was thrown open by non-other than the she-slut herself... I mean Sarah.

"Oh my god! Is that Ariana the freak!" She laughed turning to Caleb who was sitting comfortably in his desk seat. I let out a threatening growl and stepped closer to her.

"Chill out." She laughed throwing her short blonde hair away from her face. "Sarah, we have a meeting so please step out." Caleb sighed leaning back further into his seat. I glanced at his face and almost sighed in content. It had been far too long for my wolf not to see our mate. I felt that familiar tug pulling me to him.

I knew he felt it too because he slightly shifted in his seat and glared at the opposite wall. "Fine." She groaned skipping over to him and sitting on his lap giving him a sloppy kiss on his mouth while-very obviously- grinding down on him.

I cleared my throat and stumbled back on my feet only to be caught by muscular arms. "Watch your foot Miss Belle. The familiar handsome guy from upstairs laughed setting me on my feet.

"Adrian out!" My heart jumped hearing the possessiveness in his tone. But that quickly died down as I saw Sarah still sitting in his lap but I could clearly smell the lust coming off of him. He moved on.

"Yes Alpha." Adrian replied holding the door open for Sarah to leave as well. "We can finish this tonight." She smirked before sauntering out the door. I cringed at the image while Adrian faked to shoot his head when he was out of Calebs sight.

I let out a small giggle as he quickly shut the door. He reminded me so much of Quin. I wonder if they met already? "Lets get this over with." Caleb grumbled sitting up.

I shook away the thoughts of my match making and slowly walked over to his desk and sat in the chair on the other side of the desk.

"Zoey's been asking for you." I blurted out before quickly looking down at my lap. I could feel him sit up as I said zoey. At least I know he still cared about her. "And Joey?" He asked. I could hear the nervousness in his voice. He knew Joey wasn't his biggest fan and him dissapearing for a week wasn't helping him much.

"I'm sorry." I frowned looking up to meet his gaze. He sighed and ran his hand through his brown locks. "Is she upset?" I bit my lip and slowly nodded. "I'm willing to let you see her. You are her father and mu alpha." I said staring straight into his blue eyes I loved.

He cringed back but nodded encouraging me to continue. "But not Joey." I said shaking my head. He glared at me and opened his mouth to yell but I quickly cut him off. "I'm not going to push my son to spend time with the man who he thinks is worse than the devil." I hissed until I realised what I said.

I shut my eyes and leaned my forehead into my palm. I didn't mean to let that slip out. Joey had thrown a fit when he saw me sobbing in my room. He said that any man who made a girl cry was worse than the devil. And to him, Caleb was worse than yhe devil.

"He said that?" He growled his eyes glaring down at his hands. "He-I'm sorry." I whispered tugging on my bottom lip with my teeth.

"This-this is all your fault!" He growled sitting up throwing his seat back. "If you wouldn't have kept my children a secret from me, he wouldn't be acting like this! You selfish bitch!" I stared wide eyed at him until the anger started to set in.

I stood up and leaned forward across the desk. "If you weren't such a pathetic excuss of a mate and a father, he wouldn't hate you." I hissed lowly, my wolves voice coming through.

He growled and jumped over the desk. We were both breathing fast in anger. How dare he blame that on me! I left because he acted like a child! Who knows what he would've done if he knew I was pregnant with twins non the less.

"I would've been there for the three of you." He whispered his eyes softening up just a bit. I blushed realising I talked out loud. "I wanted to be there for you so much." He whispered leaning his forehead against mine.

I breathed in closing my eyes taking in his familiar scent. "I missed you." I whispered. I felt his lips getting closer until I smelt cherry's .... Sarah.

I quickly backed away and pushed him away. "Oh my god you're engaged!" I scoffed covering my face with my hands. "Ariana let me-no!" I interrupted him backing away to the door.

"Come by for Zoey later on tonight if you want ... but this.... I wont be the other woman." I whispered quickly opening the door and shutting it closed. My breath heaved up and down as I tried to keep my heart from exploding.

"Ariana?" I wiped my face in case I had any stay tears and gave Adrian a small smile.

"You're Adrian right?" I asked walking up the stairs as he kept me company.

"The one and only." He smirked. I let out a small laugh and opened the front door to leave. "Well I need to pick up my kids. I'll see you soon." I smiled starting to walk away before I was pulled into someones arms.

"Give him time." He whispered as he kissed the top of my head and left inside.

Authors Note- I posted this a lot later than I planned but I had to go see my bestfriend. She just had her heart broken by a shit head and yeah she comes before anything so I'm sorry... but I still posted! Its short but I posted→ So yay!

Hope you like it ♥

Adrian→