Chapter 9: Deep Into the Forest Part 3

Heres started to breathe heavily. He was very much scared of animals and now that a tiger was in front of him. "AUHHHHH AHHH" Heres screamed. "CALM DOWN HERES" Joseph screamed back. The tiger roared and jumped at Heres. Heres gave a final scream and closed his eyes. Joseph's extended his arm and punched the tiger's face.

The tiger fell some places away from Heres. For a while they noticed he didn't get up, so they used this as their opportunity to get out of there. "JOSEPH!" Heres screamed. "YEAH WHAT?" he screamed back still trying to let go of the hold of the tree branch around his neck. "EXTEND YOUR ARM AND BREAK THE BASE OF THE BRANCH" he screamed. Joseph heard it and did it. He succeeded and broke the branch.

He pulled out the branch from his neck. "UGH GODDAMN, THIS IS SO PISSING OFF" he hissed. "Now onto the next business" he said and ran to Heres. He began to untangle the creepers. He kept removing layers of it, only for it to be tangled in his arms. Right then, a faint gun shot was heard from a far away. They didn't think of it much.

Heres had removed himself from the mess of creepers. But they had to remove Joseph. Heres tried to remove the creepers when right then, they heard another gun shot. "Hey Joseph, once we get out of here. We won't waste another moment. We'll head straight outside, not even a single moment. Okay?" Heres said to him, to which Joseph nodded without a second thought.

Right then they heard the sound of another bullet.

"HERES LOOK BEHIND! A BULLET IS GOING TO HIT YOU" Joseph screamed. Heres looked behind and jumped to the side. The bullet hit the ground. "Ah Ah Ah" Heres panted. He got up and looked to Joseph in shock. His eyes were widened, his eyeballs were turning blue. Joseph looked in utter shock at this. "Hey Joseph, how many bullets were shot?" he asked him. "This was the first one, there must be 3 other of them, aren't there?" Heres said looking back to see if there was another one.

"Yeah, you're probably right. There are 3 other of them right. I heard them very clearly. Heres, you better move away from me. What if you get shot again? I can't risk you getting shot, Heres. Move away from me" Joseph said trying to convince him to move away as to not getting shot. "Don't worry about me, Joseph. I'll be alright. Before we care about 'me'. You need to get yourself out of this mess" Heres said referring to the mess of the creepers all over him.

"I can do that easily Heres. You don't need to wait" Joseph said which made him confused. He then proceeded to rip the creepers off him. It was a job of no one for him to do that. "Now, we have to move o-"

"HERES! LOOK OUT! BEHIND YOU!" Joseph screamed. The bullet came swiftly. "NO! JOSEPH! IT'S COMING FOR YOU, IT'S COMING IN YOUR DIRECTION JOSEPH, YOU HAVE TO GET AWAY FROM HERE!" Heres screamed, kicking Joseph away from the place the bullet was aiming for. The bullet hit a tree.

"Joseph, lets get out of here" Heres said holding Joseph's hands and running away from there into the forest. As they were running deep into the forest, they didn't know how far they were getting from actually exiting the forest. They were really deep in the forest. They didn't know anyone who could help them get out of the forest. Two teenagers, who were all alone and had no one to depend upon.

"Don't keep your guard down here, Joseph. There might be as much as danger back there as here. So don't do anything funny here Joseph." Heres warned him while walking deep into the forest. Heres was running along with Joseph without thinking or a plan to go anywhere. He just wanted to escape from there. They really had no idea on their own where they were going but had to continue. At last, they were really tired and it was evening by now.

As they both sat down, very tired and had no idea where to go now, they sat on the grass. The grass felt very comforting for them. It almost felt like a bed. A very comfortable bed, like those of the royal kings. "Hey Heres, do you ever just wonder. Why do people like things which are, you know? 'Pure'?" Joseph asked him. "Huh? What do you mean?" Heres asked looking at the beautiful reddish orange sky with the sun slowly settling.

"Never mind it" Joseph replied. Heres didn't think of it much and looked up to the wonderful sky. It was truly a sight of delight for him. He was fighting from all the way morning to now. He couldn't do this more, could he? All he wanted was a bit of rest. The day was being replayed in his mind, he stretched out his legs on the comfortable grass which resulted in a satisfactory back crack. His eyelids were falling, he was getting sleepier with every moment and just wanted to relax. He was about to fall asleep and then,

"HERES, LOOK BEHIND YOU!"