Fri/18/03/22

(Mostly just the process of getting shared care from your GP to get private care)

I've been out for almost two years now; my mother talked to my gp who gave me a referral to GIDS (UK gender clinic that works with the NHS), but due to the amount of trans people currently on that list, it could take me up to another 5 years to actually start T (testosterone).

Recently, I've been busy with school and other stuff, and it only just seemed to hit me that in 5 years I would've already finished school, possibly even university. I would be 21 in 5 years. I'm 16 now, and realising that I will be one of the only boys my age without a deeper voice and facial hair my age for the next 5 years is terrifying to me.

T would make it easier for me to pass. One of the things I have always dreamed of having in my life is a friend group of cis men who don't know I'm trans. I want a stealth trans guy life.

So I talked to my mother, who booked an appointment with my gp. We talked about a private clinic called 'gendergp' who allow shared care and try to make transitioning as affordable as possible. Quite a few people online had recommended it to me.

We went there today, and she said she would call back before next Friday to confirm whether or not she can do shared care with gendergp.

Shared care: A shared care agreement (SCA) outlines suggested ways in which the responsibilities for managing the prescribing of a drug can be shared between the specialist and general practitioner. Sharing of care assumes communication between the specialist, GP and patient (and/or carer).

HRT: Hormone Replacement Therapy

GIDS: Gender Identity Development Service based in the UK (London and Leeds) and the only one of its kind in Great Britain.

GP: General Practitioner

QUESTIONS:

(Ask here) ———>>

Other Qs:
-Would you like more information about GIDS?

-Would you like to know more about gendergp?

-Would you like to know more about T?