24.5

"Ms. Ahn, let's stop here. Let's not go any further!"

"I told you to go back, prosicooter! Stop following meee!"

"You're drunk and not in your right mind, Ms. Ahn. I can't do that."

"When am I ever sober, prosecuter?" Heiran questioned with a bitter grin. Her hand went to brush against the diamond on her nose as she stopped in the middle of an overpass, time way past 9 to be considered late. Trucks and cars whizzed past on the road and the fluorescent overhead lights shone down on her as if she were the main cast of a play. Her blonde locks were wild and her face was a burning red from the alcohol. Jungkook's hands were held out in front of him to catch her if she ever fell as she stumbled forward across the center of the overpass under the starless night sky of Jeonnam.

"Ms. Ahn—"

He was cut off as Heiran suddenly paused in the middle and began to laugh out loud. He looked as if he couldn't tell what was so hilarious to her as she giggled loudly over the sound of the whishing vehicles on the road. Heiran bent over, clutching her stomach as the chuckles spilled out of her lips.

"Ahn Heiran, a serial dater, a tragic failure, ever finding a nice, good-looking, well-natured guy to settle down with — hahaha — What a joke! She couldn't even make a single guy she'd found stay."

Heiran swept her hair back from her face as she clutched onto the cold, metal railing of the overpass and hollered, "Ahn Heiran is so dumb! She should just stop trying so hard for f*cks sake! Ahahaha..."

Her laughter died down as an ebbing pain made itself known in her heart and her hand gripped hard against the frozen metal of the railing in hopes of it becoming a distraction from the rising empty feeling inside of her.

"Yoongi was right," she spoke quietly after a moment's pause, "I should have moved on from that stupid high school crush from eight years ago." Burning fury seethed into her and she yelled at the night sky, "I should have stopped this nonsense a long time ago!"

She shoved her hands in her pockets, faltering in her steps but managing to keep her balance still. Her partner had gone quiet and she realized he must have reached his limits. Either that or he was really enjoying the show. 

Fishing her phone out, she ripped off the phone case to reveal an old, crumpled, piece of paper inside and Jungkook's eyes grew wide. She picked it up, "I've had this for eight years, you know? It's pathetic, isn't it?"

Dropping her phone back in her pocket, she ripped the piece of paper into a thousand parts and hurled it over the bridge, "This nonsense ends now!"

As the torn particles blew away with the chilling November wind like flower blossoms in spring, Heiran let out a soft giggle, "That's not a break-up letter, that's a stupid love confession. Such a prick. He didn't even know the difference between the two..."