18🔸Divya-Parinayam (ii)

Song - Albela sajan aayo ri | Bajirao mastani (extended version)

Third Person

"Madhav, my discomfort is justified, isn't it?" Arjun solicited in a low voice while his amber eyes rambled over the wedding venue as he descendent the chariot.

The wedding venue looked extraterrestrial, as if King Drupad had created an earthly version of Amaravati in Panchal. The whole place was decorated with various kind of white flowers, some were recognizable to him, some were not. The distant majestic strain of Veena was getting stronger as he advanced toward the main gate.

"Its not" Krishna replied shortly as they were greeted by the King and crown prince of Panchala.

Arjun bent down to touch the King's feet but instead he found himself in his father-in-law's tight embrace. "Since the day I had first encountered you in battle field you've captured my heart with your valour and magnanimity dear son"

Arjun didn't know how to answer so he just smiled when King Drupad removed himself from him before continuing "The day my daughter was born, I knew no one but only an equally divine soul like you who possessed beauty, valour and unique demeanour all together deserved my Agnija"

"I-" Arjun's soft voice was impeded by another satirical one

"Of course he does Pitashri, he has proved exactly how much he appreciates and desires my sister" Dhrishtadyumna's lips were curled up in an insolent smile while King Drupad fixed his eyes on his son daring him to say another word.

Arjun's jaw tensed as Dhrishtdyumna's sharp words pierced his already wounded heart. Dhrishtdyumna or absolutely anyone had no right to comment on what he felt for his wife.

He managed to put on a soft smile "That's where you are wrong brother, I don't just desire your sister, it's much deeper and purer than mere desire but don't try to understand it and pressure your unmarried brain just yet"

Dhrishtdyumna's fingers curled up in a fist while his brown eyes went darker. He took a step closer to Arjun before Krishna barged in.

"Maharaj, let us in. Kalyani has probably started lamenting and cursing me for not bringing her groom sooner" He Jeered.