~12~

December 9th, 2021

Approaching the car, Y/n opens the passenger side door and leads Alycia to go. Alycia swiftly gets in as Y/n shuts the door behind her. The sound of the sirens draw closer and closer as Y/n runs around the hood of the car and into the driver's seat, moments later. The bag she got from inside is tossed to the back of the car as she starts the ignition and steps on the gas, just as the first cop arrives. Y/n's eyes remain calm and collected, hitting the gas as Alycia leans back in her seat, squeezing her eyes tightly together and grabbing onto anything she could like her life depended on it.

"Alycia keep your head down!" Y/n shouts as the sound of gunshots and sirens start getting loud and close. Y/n speeds the car up and makes various turns while reaching their right hand over, gently pushing Alycia down. The young Australian follows staying down low, feeling panic all over. Her breathes to heavy and uneven, squeezing her eyes together tightly. The sound of the sirens draw near and close as Y/n continues to drive fast, way beyond the speed limit. She was focused. She's driven in chases before but not with somebody else in the car. Her mind was rapid. Concern was inside of the person more than anything, shockingly. But she was focused on getting both of them out of their, alive. Even though she knew the cops just wanted her in jail and Alycia safe. But that's exactly what Y/n wanted. Alycia safe even though deep in her mind she knew she was hurting the green eyed girl.

"I can lose them, I can lose them," Y/n mumbled under her breathe causing Alycia's eyes to open to look at her captor. She tilts her head seeing Y/n's eyes dead ahead, as the steering wheel weaves right and left, really all over the place.

"Y/n?" Alycia gently says, keeping her scared green eyes on the driver. Y/n swiftly glances to Alycia meeting her eyes briefly before looking back up and making a quick and swift left turn then an immediate right, causing Alycia to feel her body shift dramatically.

"Alycia, trust me," Y/n speaks, biting their lip. "I need you to open the glove department and pull out the green looking ball thing. Okay?" Y/n makes another right as Alycia clenches her jaw and reaches forward in front of her opening up the glove department. A ton of stuff is shoved in there and the green eyed girl frantically scans the little space before seeing the green ball thing, but as soon as she pulls it out, her green eyes grow wide.

"Y/n, is this a-"

"A grenade? Yep!" Y/n cuts Alycia off reaching over and taking the grenade from the girl. Immediately, they roll down the window and rip off the top of the grenade tossing it and behind. She floors the gas even more as Alycia sits up as the sound of the grenade exploding causes the girl to jump in her seat but see cop cars go up in flames. Her green eyes go wide as a chuckle escapes from Y/n taking a sharp right then immediate left then another right before flooring it against the pedal as Alycia turns, sinking her teeth into her bottom lip.

<<<<>>>>

The car pulls to a stop, in the middle of no where. Alycia looks around before unlocking the door and getting out of the car. Y/n's eyes follow before she swiftly follows out of the car, standing outside of the driver's side, placing her hand on the top of the car.

"What's the matter? You haven't said two words since I threw that grenade," Y/n says, keeping her eyes on Alycia. However the Australian stays quiet, crossing her arms over her chest stopping in her tracks. Her back stays towards Y/n shaking her head from side to side before Y/n tilts her head walking away from the car, slamming the door. Hurriedly, they walk around the car beginning to walk towards Alycia.

"Do I need to knock you out and tie you up so we can continue driving or?" Y/n asks continuing to walk towards the girl she kidnapped.

"You just had a grenade in the car?" Alycia questions, keeping her back to Y/n. Y/n nods, making a smug look as she nears Alycia.

"I mean yeah, just in case-"

"Just in case you had to throw it at cops for doing their job?" Alycia shouted cutting Y/n off and spinning around. There the two are left face to face, inches apart from one another. Y/n's eyes squint as she stops walking. Both of their eyes look back and forth between one another.

"Why do you care? You had two opportunities to get away from me. To get help yet you don't. So what's it to you if I throw a grenade at some cops?"

"You're killing innocent people," Alycia spoke through her teeth, silence drawing over the two before a chuckle escapes Y/n.

"Innocent? I'm trying not to get caught and I'm sure as hell not letting you go, you know too much. So if that means that I have to play the bad guy then so be it. You and I both know I can be mean."

"Yeah when you tried to kill me... You don't have to be-"

"Don't you dare say that. I don't have to be this person. You really don't get, do you?" Y/n's eyes shift swiftly between Alycia's three eyes, shaking their head. "I'm a killer, Alycia. I kidnap and I kill people who are not innocent. That is my job."

"Killing people isn't a job. Killing people is against the law and so wrong on so many levels."

"Is it? Okay well, what about you Alycia? Wanna tell me about that girl that died due to a drug overdose in your apartment building when you first moved to California? Because I've the report and I've hacked the actual record, it was a homicide. So what actually happened? You and your boyfriend get some hooker off the street get her high and give her a little too much."

Alycia clenches her jaw, tearing her eyes from Y/n, shaking her head.

"Don't talk about things that you don't know," Alycia whispers causing Y/n to step closer and violently grab Alycia by the jaw. The kidnapper forcefully turns Alycia's head, making their eyes lock.

"Then you don't talk about things you don't understand. I'm the one in charge in this situation. I could end your life right here, right now," Y/n speaks through gritted teeth. Alycia's green eyes look back and forth between Y/n's, feeling the tightness of Y/n's hand squeezing her jaw keeping it in place.

"Then fucking do it. It's what you're good at," Alycia whispers, before spitting in Y/n's face. Y/n closes her eyes feeling the spit hit their face. A moment of silence fills the air as Y/n lifts her free hand and wipes her face. After she opens her eyes and cocks her head to the side looking at the girl in front of her before pulling her head back and head butting Alycia in the head.

Alycia falls back hitting the ground hard. Her eyes immediately shutting as Y/n bends over, squeezing her eyes shut. A headache begins to form as she shakes her head, standing up. Their hand goes to their head, rubbing it slightly before opening up their eyes looking down at the girl. A heavy, low sigh escapes their lips tilting their head before bending down grabbing Alycia's ankles and beginning to drag her across the field.