➪FORTY THREE

It never actually occurred to me to ever wonder about Nicco's past

It never actually occurred to me to ever wonder about Nicco's past. Of course I wondered about the small things..like where he grew up, and what his favorite hobbies are. But never did I ever think about his past relationships.

Now that it's more of a mystery it makes me even more curious. How come he doesn't want to tell me? Is he afraid that he'd give away information? Did he damage those poor girls? Did they damage him? Why is it such a secret.

And then part of me believes that the journey may have been rough for him. Five girls in the past year.. that's like..a lot. Especially in the world we live in. Everyone is holding some sort of disease. Everyone is judgmental. No one means anyone any good.

I just want to know.

A small sigh escapes my lips as I sit against the booth connected to the island near the kitchen. I stare at my eggs and blueberries for a small second before I finally pick one up. My appetite is nearly ruined. I can't even think as so much is on my mind. It makes my mind fried and makes me feel as if I will not be able to comprehend what will happen next.

Nicco's slender body comes down the stairs, him soon turning the corner to find me. I watch him through the corner of my eyes, not bearing to look at him. I don't want to. I'm a bit upset. Why does he keep this from me? He doesn't pay my ignoring look any mind, which I'm sure he notices because he notices everything, and saunters closer to me. He presses a small kiss against my shoulder before taking a plate of food for himself. He picks up a blueberry before leaning his side against the island and staring at me.

"You stopped cooking seven minutes ago and you've barely touched your food" he murmurs, seeming to be barley even containing his displeasure. He's noticed.

"I don't have much of an appetite" I whisper. My eyes draw to his as he stays quiet for a few seconds. And suddenly he starts to move.

He sits his plate of food down and comes closer to me, pressing his frontside against my back. "Come to our bedroom" he says. He nuzzles his nose into my neck, my skin tingling as I can feel the stubble there. But, is he crazy?

"Marnicco, sex will not fix the problem we have. Are you insane?" I pull away, twisting myself to turn and look at him.

He backs away and looks off to the side, like a dog who's been scolded. "Not for sex, come" he looks back at me and holds his hand out. His hand lightly twitches as he holds it out to me, his palm faced upwards. Oh, his vein is nearly popping out of his wrist.

Will this help? Him bringing me to his bedroom. What's there?

I can't help but sigh as the two different answers collide in my head. Yes. No. If I say yes there's a chance that he could whip out some bizarre shit. If I say no that could possibly lead to punishment.

I decide to say nothing. I lift my arm and my hand touches his. His reflexes take place and his hand clasps around mine, soon squeezing it softly. I stand up to him and he pulls me, slowly guiding me up the cold stairs. He pulls me down the corridor and the moment we approach his room he pushes the door open.