Chapter 20

☆☆☆☆☆
Grew close
☆☆☆☆☆

Officer (Y/N) is such a confusing person...

Her personality remains the same, but at some points, she changes. Like the way she talks; at first, she seemed carefree and open- then strict and stern the next.

I understand that she puts boundaries in her lines of work and friends but the manner of how she pertains it is uncanny.

Basic information of her was registered into our systems before she started, all of us were aware and we thought nothing of it.

And when we met her in person, our perspective of her didn't change.

Except for Monty's...

He was so sure that there was something wrong with her, her bright facade didn't seem to be hiding something but Monty was adamant that she was.

And He was never like this.

At least after a few years of getting to know him, He was rather rational, not irrational

It was frustrating, in a way that he was dead set in invading someone's personal life. But if it were that alarming

I see no wrong in wanting to help

"Hey Freddy, Good evening" Officer (Y/N) Greeted as she entered my room, Surprising me a bit of her sudden presence.

"Oh hello, Good evening" I replied as she gave me a bright smile.

She's an 'Edgy' person...

"How are you? Anything wrong? Have you fully charged for tonight? Are your systems in check?" She bombarded me with questions that made me even more surprised.

I do not see how he concluded her of being that kind of person.

"I am doing alright, there isn't anything wrong at the moment, Yes I am at full battery and my system is in top-notch condition" I answered as she let out a breath of relief, She placed a hand on her chest as her shoulders seemed to be more at ease.

She then faced me again and said, "That is nice to hear, I'm sorry I asked that many questions. It's just that I wanted to be ensured that you are alright- so I won't have any minor panic attacks"

Because to her, I haven't been performing perfectly as I am expected to be... she expected from me.

Seemingly like I was about to break down at any given moment.

"Please do not worry too much (Y/N), I am alright" I reassured her as she nodded her head, believing me. She then turned towards the door and was about to bid her farewells but I called out to her.

She turned back towards me, her expression is honestly open as if she was ready to listen.

"What about you? How are you?" I asked.

And Without any hesitation, she chuckled a bit and answered " I'm doing fine! Thank you for asking"

Her answers would always be accompanied with a thank you...

I watch as she left my room, we gave each other one last smile as she closed my door behind her.

But before she left, I caught sight of her bandaged hand and it seemed to be a bit swollen up.

It is clear that she takes her job seriously no matter what, and now it makes me wonder who she truly is.

Is she what she seems to be?