67.

Halwright.

Hayes.

"I need you to take him to the neo beast dimension, and no matter what happens stay there." The demon instructed Annel who held a sleeping Avian in his arms, he knew he had to do everything he can to make sure that his son was alright, and the hybrid he had also come to consider as family through Ben. "What, why, can't we stay here with you?" Annel argued as Hayes was packing bag after bag, he had actually started with Avian's things, now he was in Annel's room, and without a care stuffed the lot of his things into cases. "You can't, I'm sure whatever Mael is planning, it has us at the centre of it and I can't worry about you and Avian whilst fighting him, he's playing dirty now, and I want you to be safe." Hayes explained after packing Annel's gadgets into its bag.

"But I can help, I'm strong enough to defend myself against him." The hybrid still protested as they finally walked out of his room, Hayes made a swift turn his eyes glowing a dangerous gold and red, Annel knew he had to stand down that instant, Hayes was on the edge and his protests were aggravating him. "Avian can't protect himself against Mael, and I don't want him defenseless, yes you can fight, but you need to protect your brother." Hayes said his final words and Annel knew whenever Hayes referred to Avian as his brother, there was something deep about it, he knew not to argue. "Yes, I understand." He replied as Avian shifted a little. "Be good my little prince, daddy and I will be with you soon." Hayes whispered placing a kiss on Avian's head, who knew the demon would ever love something so much, want to protect it so much, it was a true blessing. "Go." He asserted as several neo beasts appeared from a golden portal and carried the many bags they had, as for Annel, he nodded as tears fell from his eyes, he wanted to help but he knew better. So he walked into the portal, where the sun always shined and it's protection never failed, they would be safe there.

"Father, it is done." One of the beasts adressed Hayes, and he nodded, holding out his hand and the portal closed in an instant, they would be safe now. After taking a deep breath Hayes made his way out of the pethhouse and headed for the council hall, there they would meet to discuss, the way forward. He knew the scourge of the mystic Mael was trying to bring back, he would kill them all in his fury, yet he didn't care, he wondered what had possessed Mael to even do such a thing, as he neared the building, Robin, Theo, Tate, Carter, and Paige appeared from other parts of the school and silently walked into the building, they all knew the situation was dire.

Council Hall.

The air was tense, tinged with more questions than ever. "Where are they?" Lucian asked from his seat as the three witches walked into the hall. "Sorry, we had a headmaster to cure." Ben replied as he and Kyra walked up to them, Lario bowed before he turned to leave but the doors suddenly were blocked by a purple wall, everyone turned to face Paige who was the cause of the conjured wall. "He's more valuable than we all give him credit for, sit by your mate." The siren exclaimed and Lario nodded in appreciation as Carter stood from his seat, and Lario sat first, only for the wendigo to make himself comfortable on his lap, he might've been the stronger one but Lario wore the pants in their mating. "So what do we know?" Tate mumbled as Devin stood up and placed his hand on the oval table, it moved to his will showing images above, of what he had found out. "I was looking around in the headmaster's office, it was spotless really, save for the open hidden cabinet in the wall, I then manipulated the walls to make a mirage of what was inside and it showed a black triquetra key, professor Wyne then examined what he'd shown me and also explained how the vault of sacred objects hidden by the angel order had been destroyed, their most sacred and actively guarded artifact had been stolen, the mamoria of Khilthu." The ghost explained as Alarion gasped.