chapter twelve: immerging feelings

Dryden p.o.v

I'm not going to lie I felt embarrassed after that situation angel is like my mother and what she just did is like when your mother spits on a rag and whip's a food stain off you but you're a teen who could do it yourself, so I really just wanted to get away from that situation so as I said I went to the dragon training arena.

The area didn't look fully dragon friendly as it still had the large cage and the metal door made to hold dragons, the difference now is it is been used for blueprinting ideas like saddles or devices for disabled dragons like new legs or away to fix a wing "I mean they are very inventive ... Look they invented a metal eye patch for a dragon that's missing one eye" I said walking up to a wooden table.

"I see you have taken a liking to my inventions" a familiar voice said at the metal entrance gate, I turned to see hiccup was here and the rest of his dragon buddy's and their dragons were next to them "er yeah ... I was just looking ... So you guys ready?" I asked as I climbed onto the back of angel.

They all nodded but hiccup had a concerned look on him "are you not going to use a saddle?" He asked and I scoffed "why would I need a saddle I have been riding on angel saddless for about six years now maybe more I can't remember" I answered crossing my arms "that doesn't mean there isn't a chance you will fall off" hiccup argued but I didn't care what he says I'm not forcing a saddle onto angel.

"Well what's the use of befriending a dragon if they don't want to catch you ... I'm confident angel will always catch me she's the fastest dragon out there breaking the sound barrier is easy for her" I stated which made Astrid roll her eyes and fishlegs started to note down what I had said.

After some more arguing I finally convinced hiccup I didn't need a saddle and so after I had put my cleaned armour back on we set off towards my Island, I lead the way with hiccup next to me for the first part of the ride we were all silent except for the occasional bickering from the twins but with the silence I did notice something from the corner of my eye.

It was toothless he kept looking over at me and angel even turning his head very slight, he had this dreamy look in his eyes then I realized angel had also noticed this and she looked at toothless almost in an uncomfortable way, "don't worry I'm sure he's just curious" I mumbled to angel as I scratch her on the back of her neck.

"So... Er ... Dryden can I ask you something?" Hiccup asked as he flew closer to us and angel got even more uncomfortable "sure go ahead" I said smiling to him, "how does angel go invisible?" He asked "oh and how do you also do it?" I chuckled before answering before he was acting so adorable as he got excited to ask his question "ok well it's her scales she uses her scales and her own flames to reflect light off her scales and go invisible to the naked eye" I explained "and now look at what my armour is made of and you'll see how I do it to" hiccup then leaned in closer when he realised his eyes open fully and his mouth did too.

"I'll demonstrate" I had realised that angel didn't like toothless been this close so I used this as an excuse, "angel do your thing" I stated and she started to speed up then she charged her attack and blasted it forwards, I held on tight as she span into her flames to allow every part of her to be invisible.

Hiccup p.o.v

It was so impressive seeing angel speed up then fire the blast dive into it and bam she was gone with dryden as well, I looked around trying to see if there was any signs or way of seeing her and dryden when invisible "if you're trying to find us I'm sorry but it's not possible ... Because it reflects light so no signs are shown because none have light shined onto them" Dryden explained right next to my ear which caused me to flinch.

"And how do you turn back?" I asked as I looked for any signs of this "we just shake our selves off" he said then I heard the sound of belts and items shaking, suddenly I saw drydens face right next to me to my left but he was upside down "aahah ... Dryden" I shouted which caused him to flinch and accidentally let go of angel "toothless come on" i ordered and toothless went for a dive bomb but when we looked down dryden was gone "you looking for someone" dryden asked as he slowly hovered to our right.

I was confused at first but then I noticed it there was some fabric under his armpit which was acting like a glider "see I don't need a saddle ... But well angel would you mind getting me because the wind isn't too strong here" dryden called for his dragon and angel quickly moved fast to him.

After some time we past drydens island and started heading into new territory, we checked multiple islands that we found but something seamed to be bad on each one either there was wild boars that chased us away or wild dragons but dryden ended up finding this one island it was huge and when we landed we wasn't harassed by any animals so we all got off our dragons and made circle.

"Looks like this will be our spot now for making a camp we need a design ... Last time we tried something simple but someone burnt it down" I stated looking at dryden who whistled innocently I let out a chuckle "now let's talk to get ideas" I was hoping it would be easy like before but I was wrong, "well we should design it like this" snotlout said grabbing some sticks he made an S with them "just like my clans symbol" he stated.

What shocked me was when fishlegs pulled out a model of his camp made of rocks "we should have this we have stone huts with a mud jacuzzi" fishlegs stated, the twins wanted a cage fighting arena which doesn't feel right but ok then Astrid showed me a scroll "how about we have multiple watch towers with skulls and battle axes" Astrid explained as her scroll had a rough drawing of a tower with skulls.

The only person who didn't put any ideas into the group except for me was dryden who just watched on in confusion "do you have any ideas dryden?" I asked which caused him to snap out of his confusion "oh nah ... I'll just probably find a cave and stay there" he said and somehow that looked to be the smartest idea of the group, I looked up at the sky and I realized it was getting dark as the sky was turning a shade of yellow and pink.

"Well how about we start by making a cam fire because it's getting dark" I explained to the group "we can start planning tomorrow on making the camp" they all looked bumbed except Dryden who had been looking around the forest we landed in grabbing sticks, soon we followed suit looking for fire wood before piling them up and lighting it and just in time as the sun set and the moon rised up.

Everyone took a spot at the camp fire and tuff nut started telling a scary story but I wasn't paying attention because I couldn't help but look over at angel and dryden, they were in a similar position as they were in the barn Dryden was under her wings and she had cocooned up using her wings, I noticed toothless seamed sad as he watched the two "hey bud what's up?" I whispered to him and he groaned tilting his head to angel.

"What? ... Wait do you .... Like her?" I asked toothless and he replied by humming while rolling his calm eyes, "well tomorrow why don't you talk to her ... I'll get Dryden away from angel and you can have alone time" I planned and toothless seemed happy, it was weird thinking that I'm playing matchmaker with my dragon as I think of ways to get him and angel together but I will try.