Chapter 33

It was 3:30 in the morning and 11 year old Nevaeh was as wide awake as an owl. The heavy breaths and the snoring of the kids sleeping in the same room as her echoed in the silent room.

It was raining heavily, the sky was pitch black and so was the room, she couldn't see her finger from how black it was.

Nevaeh's always loved the rain, but not the creepy sounds that came with it.

The rain was something she adored, it made her feel like she wasn't alone, whenever it rained it was like the sky was feeling depressed, sad, just like her, hence why she loved it.

It made her feel calm, makes her feel peaceful, something she never feels.

A quick light was seen outside the window, not even seconds later the booming sound of the thunder sounded, making a fearful whimper leave her chapped lips.

After that, more heavy showers sounded, hitting the cracked window with so much force it shook. While more wind made the heavy big trees bend.

She was so engrossed with looking outside when all of a sudden,

Creak
Creak
Creak

Her head snapped up at the door creaking, indicating something she hoped wouldn't be true,

Someone was here.

Her heart spiked up in fear, her violet eyes filled with unshed tears and with her small trembling hands she pulled the thin blanked over her head, hoping whoever was there would quickly leave.

But when was luck ever on her side?

The wooden floors creaked underneath the persons weight, each time they took a step, it sounded like they were coming in her direction, which they were.

This kept happening till she felt the person stop near her mattress on the floor. She held her breath, fear eating and taking over her whole body.

The person kneeled, the floor creaking under their weight, she remained unmoving, her eyes glued shut.

She felt her heart stop when heavy breaths sounded near her ear, she slowly and carefully peeled her colored eyes open, only to be met with the darkness, with a silhouette in the middle of it, right near her, too close to her liking, yet she didn't dare say a word or move.

She jerked when she felt someone caress her soft freckled cheek, a soft scared whimper escaped her pink lips.

"You're so pretty Nevaeh." Her heart stopped hearing his voice, "And so tiny too." A chuckle left his mouth while he twirled a strand of her soft blond locks with his finger.

A whimper left her lips, maki g him chuckle in amusement, "Those violet eyes, the blonde hair, the freckles, no wonder no one wants to be your friend, especially with those purple eyes, like a freak!"

A menacing laugh erupted from his chest, making her unshed tears flow down her freckled face, his words cut so deep in her already fragile heart.

He made the truth sound so much real, and it hurt, it hurt really bad.

"But let me tell you something Nevaeh, I don't think you're a freak, I think you're pretty with those eyes, and no one will think like I do." He whispered in her ear, sending shivers of fear down her spine.

Nevaeh didn't reply, instead her breathing got heavier, and yet not a kid in the room woke up.

Trigger warning!!!!