15.

Rosalyn could feel a fiery burning in her joints starting

Rosalyn could feel a fiery burning in her joints starting. Her shoulders and hips protested against the strong tugging of the ropes, but she kept her breathing even. Beside her, Annabeth was thrashing on her leopard sheets.

"Percy, what are you doing?" Annabeth screeched at the boy standing with Procrustes.

"Don't mind her. She's impossible," Percy chuckled, waving off the blonde.

The giant laughed loudly, patting Percy on the back jovially.

"All of my customers are. Never six feet exactly. So inconsiderate. And then they complain about the fitting."

Rosie had a hard time focusing on the words exchanged between Percy and the giant. She had an awful feeling that her ropes were pulling harder than the others, to accommodate the size difference.

Her lungs fought every deep breath she tried to pull in.

"Would it work even for a big guy like you? No waves at all?" Percy asked, his voice sounding miles away.

"Guaranteed."

"No way."

"Way."

"Show me."

The sound of ropes wrestling someone to a water bed made Rosalyn's heart drop. The stars dancing in her vision kept her from seeing what was happening, but she knew that if Percy was bound like the rest of them, they were as good as dead.

"Percy," Rosie gasped, a loud pop echoing after. The burning in her shoulder was ten times worse now.

A thud came from somewhere to her left, then the pulling stopped. The ropes fell away with the swing of Percy's sword.

Blinking, Rosalyn could make out Percy freeing Annabeth and Grover from their beds. He turned back to her just as Grover hopped from the water bed and rushed in her direction.

"Are you okay?"

His worried eyes scoured her frame, and he gently pulled her from the pink bed. Her legs were weak, meaning she leaned heavily on Percy to stay upright.

"Fine," Rosalyn croaked.

Percy's hands found her face and held her still so he could study her face. She was pale, and he could tell by her eyes that she was disoriented.

He didn't mention her state, but he helped her walk toward where Annabeth stood beside the sales desk.

"You look taller," he smirked at the blonde girl, who glared at him.

"Very funny. Be faster next time."

Clearing her throat, Rosalyn pointed a shaking finger to the bulletin board behind the desk. An orange flyer stared back at them.

DOA Recording Studios
We are always looking for new talent!

Underneath that, there was a map.