87: Please, I Do Not Want a Heart

Dream saw in the corner of her eye that Cherry and Kiwi are trying to get up after the impact. Apple on the other hand are growling and seem to be waiting for an opportunity. Dream can also see the shadow under shadow making strange movements.

"No!!!" Dream yelled.

Apple was surprised and lowered her head and the shadow also stopped moving.

Dream then focused all her strength in her fingers to remove the hand on her neck.

"Oh!" Soliard's eyes looked amused. He then lift up his right leg and kicked Dream on her stomach.

The light body of Dream flew towards the barrier. Her body slammed to the invisible wall. Dream felt the whole impact but at the same time there is another sensation that she felt as soon as she made contact with the barrier.

"Wow, even though you are only a halfling, your body is still indeed made of a Spadian."

Soliard was clapping his hands.

"When I kicked someone from Hearth country, they will be vomiting blood and passing out."

Soliard is actually not happy that Dream did not do so. He started to loathe the thought that Dream have the body that he always wanted.

The strength and durability of the Spadians. The only ones blessed with such strength and durability in the continent thanks to the grace of their predecessor, the angel that was named Spade.

But Dream does care on whatever  Soliard is saying.

"Do not show yourself Night, not until the barrier .... Night?"

Dream was whispering to herself in aim to calm the owl, however, it is starting to act strange.

-'Dream... The earth is crying.... The aura of death is too strong...'

"Huh?"

Dream abruptly looked back to the barrier. Now that she is closer, she noticed the black grass and the dying trees.

That weird sensation she felt earlier.

"The trees are crying...." Dream unconsciously said that reach Soliard's ears.

He laughed out loud.

"Ha, ha, ha, I know you were a strange child. But you can actually talk with the trees?! What kind of witchcraft..."

-'I can-not control myself...'

The black shadow suddenly spread out.

"Night!"

"Get away from me, it is dangerous, I will not be able to control the power of death." Night who is panicking started letting out his voice through the shadows.

"What is going on?!" One of the knights yelled.

"Your Imperial highness, we need to get out of here!" The other one yelled to Soliard.

"No! Without me killing that witch!"

Soliard charged forward to Dream. One of the knights noticed that the barrier is dissipating and he instinctively grabbed Soliard and the knight barricade Soliard's body from the incoming miasma.

...

"Your Regency, everything are in place."

Ace who is riding a stunning dark horse, look beyond the barrier.

"Good." He answered his vassal with a monotonous tone.

They all look forward and watch the thick deadly miasma beyond the inner barrier.