Chicken Striiiiiipppppssssss |13|

(Check chapter number)

Monday came all too soon, but it wasn't after a weekend full of terrible fun. Aunt May had been working at the hospital most of the time so it was free reign for Peter and Y/n. Mario Kart on Peter's old Wii that Y/n had totally schooled the boy at as well as another round of cookies that turned out worst than the first batch. (Y/n was determined to not be a failure at making something as simple as cookies.)

"Y/n, I don't know how to break this to you, but you are a failure." Peter had joked with grin.

The two had built with lego and basically, when Ned came over Y/n was distraught when he dropped the death star they'd spent hours on. Basically, the day was full of the two being children. Weather Peter had ever stopped was in question but for years of Y/n's life had been full of her trying to grow up--it was nice to have a break from that for a day or two.

So now, Y/n rode her bike with a blank face, back to her house. As soon as she had spied the bland grey siding and faded red door it was like the actuall color had been drained from the world. The house was very dull and the grass was hardly green at all making it crunch under her feet as she walked to the door on the overgrown sidewalk.

Creaking open the door and walking through, Y/n's eyes met a completely clean door mat. Bringing her her eyes to glance at the rest of the house, Y/n notices the completely blatant clean kitchen and living room. The dark brown wood floors had been vacuumed and mopped and they were completely clear. Same with the sofa which previously housed a nasty stain. The fall colored pillows were fluffed and placed neatly on the furniture.

Y/n walked forward, stumbling slightly as she kicked off her boots. Stunned was the only word she could think to explain how she was feeling. Just raw surprise at what was going on. Then Joss walked from around the corner and she looked just as clean as the house--and she was smiling.

"Y/n," the woman grinned broadly causing smile lines to appear around her eyes and mouth. The woman embraced the teenager as she dropped her bag on the floor.

"Aunty," the girl said in the same tone,  wrapping her arms around the woman loosely, still in shock.

Was this a trick? A ruse? That's what it felt like. The smell of lies in the air wating to be dug up.

"You-you cleaned," the girl said as she broke away from the hug. "Thank you for doing that, it looks great," Y/n tried to be kind.

The woman's smile faltered momentarily like she was fending off an anger attack but she regained her composure and nodded.

"How was your friend's house?" The woman asked as they walked into the kitchen.

The girl nodded, "it was good. Did you hear that the Avengers started an insurance thing?"

The woman pointed as she spoke, "yeah, I did. Good of them to finally take initiative for their mistakes," Joss spoke harshly.

"Well I mean they don't have to save the world, but yeah. It's good. My car is going to get traded and then the thirteen-thousand can go into a knew one," Y/n explained while grabbing a water glass and taking an advil.

"What happened to your car?"

I already told you. "Avengers. I dunno. Walked outside one day when it was parked and there was a piano crushed on top," the girl shrugged.

The woman clicked her tounge disapprovingly.

"Well, I gotta get to school. I'll see you tomorrow morning," the girl smiled uneasily and grabbed an orange from the counter, rushing upstairs to her room.