Ch.39 - No To Multitasking

Hey guys! Holy moly 40K reads this late June day! And recently hit 500 followers! Like wowowow! Super thankful for all of you :) never imagined all this love :)

Enjoy this chap! Next update will be Monday!
_________________________________________________

Multitasking is not her strong suit. One thing at a time can even feel like a heavy burden. So going between her phone, texting with speedy thumbs, reading her Charlie Chaplin book which has about six pages left, and scribbling on a crumpled piece of paper with George, is all really straining. But it's fun. It's good. She's trying to suffocate a grin as CJ sends in another note, silent notification lighting up the screen.

From CJ.

Oh Lottie. You funny duck. You know that typically libraries are meant for reading, right? Just kidding. Glad you are having... Adventures. Still. Put yourself first and just... Be careful, okay? I know you trust him but yeah, you know my opinion. Still support you though. Speaking of Robfessor, how is he?

Robfessor. CJ's cross between professor and Roberts name. It's even better when they are chatting on the phone and she'll use it as often as the word love seems to be used nowadays. Using it at every chance she can muster.

Pressing for reply, she pauses in her thought up response.

Peeking up from her phone to Robert, he's sitting behind his desk, leaning on his elbows as he's flipping through papers. The essays that were assigned a few days ago. A pen striking across paper, the feint sound of the ball point swinging circles with his crazy scribbling. Glasses resting on the bridge of his nose, hair neatly styled today, with a loose tie knotted around his neck.

He looks adorable.

Licking briefly at his lips, before pursing them together in thought. Pen fighting between his soft skinned fingers, his index fashioning a very pink bandaid she asked about through passing and he claimed his daughter accompanied him to a doctors appointment some time ago, pointed at the box full of princess bandaids and now that's what he uses because he's got an overflowing abundance of them. Again, adorable.

It had been two days ago that she had been curled up on his offices couch, tucked under his chin, those fingers interlaced with her own. The soft touches, brushes of skin against skin. The strong smell of his cologne and the taste of his salty skin against her nibbling lips.

Typing a reply, she sends off,

To CJ.

I think he's good. Haven't really been able to talk with him lately due to school and his other priorities. I promise to be careful. Anyways. How are you? How's the tour going? Where in the world are you?

Gently resting her phone back on her desk, she pulls her book into a flat palm, flipping the page happily. Today's been a good day. She's been sleeping a little more solidly which is nice, and Moll's no longer sick. So she can stop worrying about her Dad taking proper care of the little one alone.

Jay is restless beside her. Tossing and turning, looking to his wrist watch every few minutes. No comic book in his paws today, instead it's his traveling information. He's been chatting lots on and off since a few days ago that his mom bought him a ticket home to visit. He's been smiling ever since. It's adorable and makes Charlotte yearn for the same thing. A ticket home. Just for a while. Just to be back and soak up some sun. See some people. Some of her extended family still there.

Anyways, she's glad at least someone's going home.

Robert had been right when he'd said that the ache deafens, that it goes away with time. She doesn't think about Miami all that much. Maybe because she's more distracted now. Maybe because she's simply assimilating. (But she thinks it has more ((a lot more)) to do with Robert).