SEVEN

Poppy and Riven had a relationship that people were really surprised lasted longer for a month, let alone 2 years. Riven was known to be the bad boy who wasn't the commitment type. He used girls like they were tissues. That quickly changed when he met Poppy.

She was like a breath of fresh air he needed from his dark life. Throughout his life, he has had many people tell him he wasn't worth really anything. He couldn't do this or couldn't do that. He wasn't gonna be a good specialist. Of course Riven has this attitude where he doesn't care about what people say about him, but if you truly knew him, you'll know he cares about what people think of him, a lot.

Poppy never said those things about him. She never made it seem like he couldn't do anything because of it. But during the weeks before summer break, things were complicated between them .

Flashback

"Training's shit. Can't wait for summer break." Riven said, laying on the girl's bed as she got ready for a party the senior Specialists were throwing.

"Can't argue with that."

"What do you wanna do this summer?"

"What?"

"What do you wanna do this summer?" Riven repeated.

"You wanna hangout this summer?"

"Why not? We don't live too far from each other and what else am I gonna do?" Riven said casually.

"Oh." Poppy said, surprised. She didn't mean for it to rub off the wrong way but she wasn't expecting the boy to want to hangout with her over the summer. To be far, the girl didn't think they would last this long, given the many rumors she heard about the boy. "We don't have to hangout this summer."

"What?"

"I mean, you might be busy with your own stuff and me too so we shouldn't have to force anything."

"Force anything?" Riven asked, getting up from the bed to look at the girl.

"Yeah." The girl nodded, not looking at the boy.

"Is something going on that I should know off?"

"No why would you think that?"

"Cause you're not even looking at me right now. And you're doing that thing with your nose." Riven pointed out, which the girl didn't say anything to. "Poppy?"

"We're late for the party. Let's go." The girl tried leaving but he wouldn't let her.

"What are you not telling me?"

"Nothing."

"I don't believe you."

"Can we just go? Please?"

Riven studied the girl. He knew she was hiding something. She wasn't telling him the truth. Why didn't she want to hang out over the summer? "Fine, but this conversation isn't over."

After that conversation and a lot of alcohol in their system, the couple said some things that shouldn't have been said. Most of which Poppy doesn't even remember. But she had this feeling when she was with Riven, that he was gonna leave her any minute after he finds out how mentally and emotionally unstable she is. So before he could leave her first, she did.

Maybe breaking up with the boy over text wasn't the best idea, but she knew she couldn't bear to look at his face when she told him. And what's worse was that Riven knew he would easily forgive her if she said those 3 words.