Chapter 37 || "That's what daddies do."

I haven't left my room in the past two days. Pls send help

- Pandora -

I had never actually been to a Carnival before, but movies had taught me a lot about them.

1. They were usually busy

2. They had stalls that would give away stuffed animals for prizes, but were mostly always rigged.

3. They had Ferris wheels that couples could go on and profess their love for each other.

4. They had tents that would hold shows like clowns and acrobatics.

And most of that was correct, apart from the fact that there were no acrobats, and they had Ferris Wheel carts instead of seats.

"All I can smell is grease." Calum commented, wrinkling his nose up in disgust.

Natalia shrugged, looping her arm around Luke's.

"I smell candyfloss."

I walked beside Evie as we explored further into the depths of the Carnival, my eyes constantly flickering towards Ashton. I had caught him checking a couple of girls out only a few minutes ago, and I wasn't exactly happy.

"Oh my god, is that a penguin?" Luke gasped, his blue eyes focused on one stall in particular.

Natalia followed his gaze before nodding, a small smile tugging at her lips.

"You'd have to knock over those cans to win it though."

"Pfft, I could easily do that." He sighed, brushing imaginary dust off of his broad shoulders.

"Could you?" Ashton frowned, his eyes narrowed sceptically.

"Luke, you can't aim." Michael stated, causing my brother's cheeks to burn red with embarrassment.

"Yes I can!"

"No you can't." I chuckled, running a hand through my long blonde hair "You miss the toilet half the time."

"Pandora!"

"I'm sure he'll be fine," Natalia assured, noticing Luke's obvious discomfort "come on."

We muttered short goodbyes as they departed from our side, making a B-Line straight towards the busy stall. There was not a snowballs chance in hell that Luke could actually win that stuffed penguin by himself, so I just had to hope that the stall owner would either accept a bribe or that Natalia could win it for him.

"Can we go on the Ferris Wheel?" Evie randomly questioned, resting her head lightly against my shoulder.

I shot everyone a wide eyed gaze as they nodded, seeming to love her idea. I - on the other hand - was terrified.

Heights and I did not go well together.

"That sounds like a good idea." Michael nodded, causing my chest to tighten nervously.

It sounded like the worst idea to me.

"Will it fit five people?" Calum questioned, receiving a shrug in return.

"Who knows."

"If it doesn't, I could always just sit at the side." I attempted, causing Ashton's smile to fade into a frown.

"What? No you're not! You have to come on with me!"

"C'mon Ashton-" I began, only to be cut off by Michael

"If it doesn't fit five then three could go in one cart and two could go in the other," he sighed, slightly rolling his bright green eyes "it isn't exactly rocket science."