77 | breakfast with utsui

SEVENTY-SEVEN. GF-FORHIRE

━━━━┅━━━┅━━━━

━━━━┅━━━┅━━━━

ymari blinked at the items splayed neatly on her hotel bed, before looking at the girl sat beside it, who she assumed was the culprit.

"you bought them already?" she questioned utsui.

she had just arrived at the hotel after being dropped off by kuroo at the hotel lobby a few minutes prior.

the girl shrugged. "i was at the store when you texted."

ymari instantly pulled out her wallet. "how much did they cost y-"

"it's fine." utsui shrugged. "you can just treat me out to breakfast tomorrow. i want something western."

she nodded, putting her wallet back. "fine."

utsui just plopped down on ymari's bed and went on her phone.

she put her stuff away and put her hair in a ponytail. she went over to the kitchen and stared at the empty cupboards.

"they emptied the pantry?" her brows furrowed together in confusion. "but i paid for the extra time they had to be stacked here since we left."

utsui blinked, looking up from her phone. though she couldn't exactly see ymari, she nodded.

"we had them cleaned out earlier. most of them were past the expiration dates, sorry 'bout that."

"oh.." ymari frowned. "then we must restack then."

"oh right, i guess i forgot to tell you." utsui sauntered towards the kitchen, leaning against the counter. "there's no need to restack 'cos.."

"we're staying at the village."

ymari turned silent, her eyes empty as she looked at utsui. her throat was dry as she spoke. ".. did you just say.."

"the olympic village, yeah." utsui nodded.

ymari's eyes looked dead to the world, and utsui swears she just saw the girl's soul leave her own body.

"i don't wanna go there."

utsui could only laugh. she now realizes that ymari must have heard some really off stories about the olympic village.

"it'll be fine." utsui patted her back. "it's not as bad as everyone thinks it is."

-

"it is as bad as everyone thinks it is." kasai shuddered when utsui informed the team that they'd be staying at the olympic village in the middle of their break from early morning training.

seinaru, having heard the magentanette say that from the other side of the court, flinched.

the olympic village.