twenty eight.

valentina's pov- irl!

today was the day that chris and i were going on a date! we didn't have a plan. if i'm gonna be honest, i didn't want a plan. i like our spontaneous decisions. 

it was around like 4 pm. we we leaving at like 5 so now would be the best time to get ready. i wasn't gonna go out of my way to dress fancy. it was only chris. chris wouldn't care. i decided to wear a crop top and some jeans. i wear outfits like this all the time but they are simple and they are cute. 

once i put on my outfit i went into the bathroom to do my makeup. i did a simple look. only adding lipgloss, mascara, a little blush, and a little highlight. once i finished my makeup i did my hair. 

i packed up a bag, full of my necessities. i put my sneakers on and looked at my phone. 4:43 pm. perfect! gave me some time to just sit and talk to my best friends. nick was in my room right now. matt would be too but nick forced him to stay with chris. to help him get ready or something. apparently, he really needed the help. nicks words not mine.

i jumped on my bed next to where nick was sitting. i laid my face in his lap, trying to get comfy. 

they got onto random topics. thankfully, not asking me any questions or anything about the date with chris. i always found those conversations so awkward. like why do they feel the need to bring it up? of course, i wouldn't mind answering questions about it. it just feels awkward, and quite frankly, embarrassing.

but anyways, we were just sitting there talking. then it was 5 o'clock. nick was the first to notice. i could tell he was really excited about it. i mean, why wouldn't he? one of his best friends and his brother going out? that's like a dream come true.

"val! it's five. time to go" he said while ushering me off his lap. he got up quite abruptly. grabbing my hands to pull me up.

"i'm going, i'm going" i said while rolling my eyes.

"do you have everything?" lola said, double checking.

"yes i have everything. you guys are making this such a big deal" i started walking to the door.

"we just want to make sure your okay" bella said while looking at me with a brow raised. her hands were on her hips. she looked like a mom. now that i'm looking at the three of them, they all have their hands on their hips. creepy.

"whatever. i'm leaving! bye! i love u all" i said while waving. i heard a chorus of i love you's and that was a sign for me to leave.

i opened the door and coincidentally, chris was outside about to knock on the door. his face went red in embarrassment. 

"hi" he said

"hi chris!" i said, cheerfully. "ready to go?"

"yeah! i'm assuming you are too?" he questioned

"yup, i think i have everything!"

with that i turned around to close the door. i saw nick standing there. "have her home by 10 or else." he sternly said. 

chris looked at him bewildered, "okay??". he was confused. 

"nick, shut the fuck up. love you though!" i smiled and closed the door. i heard him say bitch before we walked away. chris was laughing like a little kid. 

"nick is so funny" he said, still laughing at nick's joke

"he really is" i said nodding. 

we got into the car and began driving. 

"soo, where do you wanna go?" i looked over at him

author's note!

hi guys! i'm back to writing! the date will be separated into two parts because honestly i really hate writing irl chapters

but thank u guys sm for 170k reads i'm literally gonna cry. i love u all so so so so soo sooooooooooooooooooooo much. it sounds like an exaggeration but i'm being fr. i love u guys and ur comments! they make my day like 100000x better. u guys r hilarious and genuinely some of the sweetest people ever. i wanna give u all a big hug. i love and appreciate u all so much. if u ever need anything (within reason, of course) please let me know. i'll do my very best to help u. 

thank u so much. i hope ur day was amazing. u deserve it!!! remember to eat + drink! it's important for you and your health. you're valid and you're loved.

also omfg i hate spring so much. allergies suck and i will stand by spring being the worst season