Dinner Vibrations

AUTHOR NOTE: I'm sorry I kinda left you guys hanging.... I'm rediscovering my writing side and eager to finish this story not just for you guys but also for me. Can't wait to see how Apple and y/n turn out. <3

⚠️SMUT⚠️

  "Damnit," I muttered angrily while sifting through some paperwork. "This Midsky case is gonna be the death of me,"

  "Literally," I heard Marlo utter across from me. He had been in here with me all morning, trying to get this case together. "Kidding."

I glanced at my watch to find that it was 5:03.

"Shit, I need to go," I told Marlo, ignoring his smart ass comment. Apple was waiting for me at home and I didn't want her to worry.

"Oh yeah, sorry. Don't wanna keep the misses waiting," he grinned. I shot him an angry glare before grabbing my bag and starting to gather all the pages.

"Don't worry about it y/n. I'll get these done and I'll meet you at dinner," he said before winking. "You go enjoy yourself."

I simply rolled my eyes, thanked him, then left. Every day I had been so excited to go home and see Apple that I was surprised I had lost track of time.

It wasn't abnormal for me to stay late until she came along.

6pm- Day 6

  Once again, I walked inside to a quiet penthouse. It seemed like every day when I got home I had flashbacks of Apples voice, singing to a god awe full country song.

  "Apple?" I called as I set my bag down on the table. I heard a loud crash coming from the bedroom and I don't think I've ever ran anywhere as fast.

  Swinging the door open, I stood in awe at Apple, who was laying on the floor.

  She seemed fine from what i saw except that her hand was on her head. I think she hit it. I quickly went over and helped her up.

  "Are you okay? What the hell were you doing?" I glanced over to what the crashing sound was.

  The Sybian was turned over and on the ground. It looked like it had nearly crushed Apple. I gave her a questioning look as I examined her head.

  "I thought we could use it tonight when you got home. I underestimated the difficulty in setting it up.." she pouted and I resisted the urge to laugh.

  "Let's get this bandaged,"

  I took her to the bathroom and made her sit up on the counter as I cleaned the small cut on her head, cringing whenever she winced.

  "I thought you said you were off today," she said, starting up conversation.

  "I did but Marlo needed my help on a client," I told her. I knew she wanted to ask questions so I just waited for her to ask.

  "Is it that Midsky guy that came over?" She asked and I frowned.

  "Yes. He's not a good guy, Apple. He's charged with some bad stuff and he's guilty. That's why I got so upset," I told her as I put a bandaid on her cut, smoothing it out.

  She grinned when she saw I was done.

  "Why do you protect people you know are guilty?" Was not what I expected her to ask but it's a reasonable question, I think.

  "It's the job," I told her but she didn't seem convinced.

  "The world is a fucked up place. There's not a single person who hasn't committed some kind of crime; a single person who isn't screwed. Everyone is drowning in some kind of pain. You may as well hold your own head above the water."