20

William stood over a little girl's body. A pool of blood soaking the soles of his black shoes.

My eyes widened, my heart stopped.

"William..." I croaked out.

"(Y/N). You've caught me at an... undesirable time." William slowly turned around to face me.

Blood was splattered all over his face and it stained his purple shirt.

I covered my mouth. "William, how could you?"

"She was asking for it, honestly. I mean, she was just out here, in the middle of a dark alley, waiting to be killed." William enthused.

"But why?! Why kill a child?!" I yelled. Tears began to prick my eyes. Shit shit shit.

"Henry didn't see eye to eye. He yelled at me, called me a fool. I was angry. Haha! And Little Miss Emily was just asking for it."

"Ch- ch..." I couldn't say it.

"Charlie. Yes."

I backed up from William, backing up towards the door.

"(Y/N), Love, you can't tell Henry. This is our little secret." William tilted my face up, holding my chin firmly to look at him.

William brought our faces close to each other, kissing me. His touch was addicting. It made me forget everything. It made me forget what he'd just done.

"Can I trust you not to tell Henry our little secret?" William parted from the kiss, looking at me with half lidded eyes.

"I-... William you just took a life.. the life of our friend's child!"

William smiled sadly at me, "No, (Y/n), you don't understand. He deserves this."

His grip on my chin grew firm, tight, even.

"Now, can I trust you not to say anything to Henry?" He asked, his grip getting even tighter.

"Yes... you can." I murmured, giving in.

"Marvelous, Darling. Would you like to go back inside?"

I nod my head slowly and walked with William into his office.

William exchanged his bloodied shirt for an identical clean one.

"What if someone finds her? Won't Henry's puppet thing be looking for her?"

"As for the security puppet, it's raining outside. The thing'll short circuit." William sat down on a chair at his desk. "As for somebody finding her, we blame it on Charlie. It's her own damn fault for being out back at night."

"I guess so..."

"Well, Love we should be out there enjoying the party and building an alibi."

I nod and follow him out into the main area.