Acceptance

Warnings: none except for bad writing :)

Steve's POV:
I'm cooking a delicious meal, Spaghetti with tomato sauce to be precisely and my boyfriend is chilling on the couch in the living room. My cute little and secret boyfriend... All the other Avengers are on a mission and they left me here to watch over Buck. Sadly they still don't trust him. I sigh frustrated. Why can't they just give him a chance? Suddenly he says: "Can I have cuddles?" His voice is small and he's giving me puppy eyes. "Buck, the others could be here any minute and you said you're not ready for them to find out yet." But as I look at him closely, I see that he looks incredibly tired. His eyes are puffy and a little bit red. He has dark circles around his eyes and.... He just looks miserable. "Nightmares again?", I asked with a sad voice. He nodds ashamed. "Hey, that's nothing to be ashamed of. It's completely normal and your brain is just processing what happened there." As soon as I mention Hydra he always gets really anxious and scared, that's why I try to talk my way around it. It hurts me deeply that I can't be there when his nightmares happen, but as I said the Avengers don't know anything about our relationship. "You said you want cuddles?" He nodds hesitantly and ashamed. Why can't he just accept that nothing he does is embarrassing? Everything, and I mean everything, he does is precious and lovely. I turn off the oven and walk to the couch. It's an incredibly comfortable couch (does this remind you of somebody?).Come here." He scoots over and lays his head on my chest. That's the position in which he could always sleep soundly. I sigh but this time it's a happy sigh. I love it when Buck's affectionate. He's just too cute. But I can never say this to him. He hates it when I call him cute. He just doesn't know how to handle compliments. My thoughts get interrupted by a soft snore. I hope he's able to rest a bit. Maybe I can too? I actually feel a little bit tired. It was a long day and I didn't sleep very well either. And this couch is really comfortable.....

Nat's POV:
This mission was soo exhausting. I hope Steve has finished cooking his meal. It's a tradition that whoever stays home cooks something delicious. If it's Tonys turn we all order a pizza. He just can't cook. I don't know how this man managed to live that long. But Steve is a excellent cook and we always enjoy when he cooks us something (even Tony, he just doesn't say it 'cause he's jealous). I open the door to the living room. Gosh I'm so tired. Hmm.. Why doesn't it smell like food? Next to me Tony silently bursts out laughing. He points to the couch. The two supersoldier lay on it, Bucky's head on Steve's chest. YESSSS! Oh hell yes, I'm going to get a whole lot of money. All the Avengers bet against me. Such losers. They look incredibly cute together. But then Thor comes in and wakes them up before I could take a photograph to blackmail them. He boomes: „Did you enjoy your day off Rogers and Barnes?" „Shhhhhhh Thor!", I hiss. Of course Bucky and Steve are now awake. And they are both blushing crimson. They move away from each other so fast that even Flash would be impressed and the floor is apparently really interesting.

„HAAHHAH you are a couple? I can not believe you two. Out of all of us, I would have said you're the straightest ones. I notice that Bucky's breath hitches and scold Tony internally for making this situation even more uncomfortable for these two. I actually noticed a while ago when I walked in on them kissing. They didn't notice me an I didn't want to make them uncomfortable so I walked out without them realizing. „Hey we're not in the forties anymore. Whatever you have is accepted and we are not going to judge you", I say while I send Tony a glare so he would stop laughing his ass off. I mean I know he's bi too and I know he hadn't come out, so he should a least be a little bit understanding. We all realized a long time ago that they are really shy and I can tell that this is a way to big reveal for them to handle. I see Clint walking towards them and I did expect everything but a hug. He whispers something in their ears and they both blush even more but they also smile a little bit. Awww. I feel my internal Fangirl screeching and dancing around.

Clint's POV:
When I see that they're both really uncomfortable I make my way towards them and pull them in for a hug. I don't know why but I think they need a hug. And I also get the chance to whisper something in their ears. „You know you two just made Nat really rich? She bet everyone of us fifty bucks if you get together. And everyone said: Nah they're just best friends, nothing will happen and accepted the bet. But I have to say that I'm really happy that you two got together because you just look adorable. But please don't make out in front of me because otherwise I feel really lonely." I say the last sentence in a whiny voice but also chuckle a bit so they know I'm not serious. When I pull away I see that they are both blushing but also smiling a bit. And I also notice their interlocked fingers.

Bucky's Pov:
To say I'm near a anxiety attack an understatement. And as I hear Tony laughing I feel something break inside of me. I knew they would not accept our relationship. They would kick me out. They would take me away from Steve. They would be disgusted by us. But then Nat says that they approve to our relationship? How is this even possible? I mean I've loved  Steve since he was skinny and all but then it wasn't accepted so I locked my feelings away. And now my friends say that they accept us? Suddenly I feel someone hugging me. I didn't even notice that Clint came towards us, I hesitantly hug him back. After his words I blush like crazy but interlock my fingers with Steve's. I'm incredibly thankful that they are not judging or sending us away. 'Cause I couldn't bear to lose my friends.

I'm soooo sorry it took so long :(

02/04/22