Six_✍

"Ever thought of becoming a singer?" Jungkook cut the thick coat of silence in the air, to which Jimin nodded a 'yes'

"Always! It's my dream to be one," Jimin put forth with gleaming eyes and a soft smile.

Jungkook smiled back hesitantly, a wave of heaviness built in his heart. He gulped back the urge to ask Jimin to stay back and sing for him and only him.

But he couldn't be more selfish than he already was. He can't keep this treasure all by himself.

It was a gem that deserved to shine brightly in the free lands and melts the hearts of thousands.

And that free land was not North Korea!

Jungkook fluttered his tears back and pulled the gear to pace the Taxi over the highway.

It was so close.

Jimin's destination was so close and so was their departure.

Jungkook let a strangled breath and turned slightly to look at the male who kept telling about his past and his little dreams that he wishes to fulfil.

Jungkook felt all over the place.

He wasn't like this.

He was a man of principles and would go to any lengths to be righteous and accomplish his duty as a driver.

He is a man of the best services.

But why was Jimin hindering his sane mind that couldn't help but to clutch back the urge to just stop the Taxi right there because the officers stood at the poll booth in the middle of the highway?

Wait, what?

Jungkook pressed his leg over the brake immediately. Jimin's butt detached from the seat and his upper body almost tumbled forwards.

"Why did you stop?" Jimin asked gasping at the sudden jerk.

"There are...officers over there," Jungkook informed hesitantly pointing out his index finger.

Jimin furrowed his brows at Jungkook's terrified face and turned forwards to encounter the truth. He gasped visibly as scrambled his hands around the seat to hold onto something, anything.

Jungkook couldn't think straight.

It was this very moment where he could let his mind decide what he wishes to do.

He could hand over Jimin to them and drive back home as a righteous man of his country that offered his duty as service.

Or, he could turn the Taxi right away and risk his life and throat for this man that sat beside him and end up in prison if caught on the run. Or even worse

Die.

Jungkook turned lightly towards Jimin who was struggling to keep himself in his seat without being terrified. He gulped and looked over the boy's hands which were pale and soft. He slowly extended his hand to gently place it over Jimin's.

"Hey, Min!" Jungkook called out.

"Huh?" Jimin mustered the courage to mumble.

"Look at me."

"W...what?" Jimin asked with fear driving into his system and his eyes fixed over the officers ahead of them checking every vehicle that drove past there.

Jungkook shifted in his seat and placed his hand over Jimin's cheek to turn him slightly to face him. Jimin flinched at the sudden contact but calmed down and leaned into the touch.

"Can you promise me something?" Jungkook asked with his thumb rubbing gently over Jimin's cheek.

"Wh-what?"

Jungkook pulled out the cassette from the music player and placed it into Jimin's hand, "When I get you out of here, dedicate this one for me, yeah?"

Jimin's eyes widened as he looked between the cassette and Jungkook, "What are you thinking of? You can't possibly run past them. If they catch us. We both might get killed!"

Jimin nodded a 'no', violently as he broke into sobs.

Jungkook's lips quivered to smile but they did eventually. He pulled Jimin towards him and clasped their foreheads, "Forget me and everything that has happened here. And start a new life with a fresh breath of freedom diving into your lungs. Can you do that for me?" Jungkook croaked as he cupped Jimin's face in his shaking hands,

"No matter what! Don't look back. Okay?"

Jimin's hands grabbed onto Jungkook's shirt and shook his head furiously to just stop whatever he was thinking, "Just hand me over...don't do anything stupid. Please?"

Jungkook fought back a tear that dared to trickle down his cheek and exhaled sharply. He unbuckled his belt and grabbed Jimin's hands and tied them together and locked the belt to the inner handle of the side door beside Jimin's seat.

"I need you to stay calm and stop protesting. I can't untie you until then. I am sorry," with that being said, Jungkook pulled up the accelerator and turned the Taxi around and rushed the engine to full speed away from the officers.

The officers looked up at the loud engine turn and screamed back. They got into their cars to chase the Taxi down that dared to turn back from a check post.

"Stop right there! This is an act of violation. You may be killed for this!" An officer spoke through the microphone with his head popping out of his car window and his fellow officer driving the car at full speed to cut them down.

"Jungkook! You heard them, right. They are going to kill us if they catch us. Just stop and let me go," Jimin screamed with tears running down his cheeks and his wrists tucking onto the belt to free himself.

 Just stop and let me go," Jimin screamed with tears running down his cheeks and his wrists tucking onto the belt to free himself

(A/n:- How is it so far?)

Love you guys

Maddie :-)❤️