Chapter 16

Ryder's POV

I stare at the same light grey wall, I've been gazing at since Elias walked away from me. Sitting on my bed, the silence is unnerving.

I'm not sure how long it's been since he left me. Hours? Days?

It's all my fault. If I just controlled myself he would still be with me. If I just held myself back he wouldn't of ran off. If I just—

Edmund - You couldn't help it Ryder. Stop beating yourself up.

I groan at my wolf. You should be mad at me for scaring him away.

Edmund - But I'm not. You couldn't help it, the bond is getting stronger everyday. It's dangerous to be unmated this long. Elias will realise that and forgive you.

I shake my head, ignoring his words. I knew he didn't want my mark, and still, I nearly marked him.

Edmund - You were losing control, it's not your fault.

I rest my head in my heads and tug at the top of my hair in frustration. Stop lying to me. I yell at my wolf in desperation. Before Edmund could say anything back, I push him away in my head, forcefully shutting him out.

Once again the room was silent, aside from my deep breathing. My stomach rumbles, reminding me I haven't eaten since the pasta I made for Elias and I.

Goddess I miss him. I miss his scent. I miss his laugh. I miss his smile, and his dimples. I miss his touch. I miss his voice. I miss his warm-

"Ryder? What the hell are you doing?" I look up at Blaze who's standing in my bedroom door way with a shocked expression.
"What's wrong?" He asks, watching me carefully as stare up at him blankly.

"What is taking you so long?" Arabella walks up behind Blaze and pauses when she sees me sitting on the edge of my bed. "What did you do to him?" She whispers to Blaze, which is useless since werewolves have incredible hearing.

"Me?" Blaze questions looking back at Arabella, "I didn't do anything! I just found him like this," he defends himself.

The two continue to bicker, making me roll my eyes, "you know I'm right here, right," I tell them making them cease their argument.

Blaze clears his throat, "so, um, exactly what are you doing?" He asks peeking into my room, as if he was trying to sense what was happening.

"Sitting," I grumble, holding my head in my hands again. I hear Blaze shuffle awkwardly, still standing in the door way.

"Cool, um- want me to sit with you?" He asks gently. I shrug. I hear Blaze slowly walk over to the bed and sit next to me. In my peripheral vision I can see Blaze looking at me with a grin.

Arabella stands where Blaze was originally. "Why have you shut out Edmund?" Arabella questions me.

As wolves, we are able to sense when other wolves are present or not. If not, either a wolf chose to shut themselves out or their person shut them out. Arabella happened to guess the latter.

"He was annoying me," I mutter. Don't get me wrong, I love Edmund to death, but at this moment he was getting on my last nerve trying to lie to me about the situation.

Arabella nods slowly, "clearly," she murmurs. "What's made you so depressed, that you happened to even skip training today?"

"Yeah?" Blaze agrees with Arabella, "we thought you were with Elias or something to skip out on training." I glare at Blaze when he speaks his name. Blaze's eyes widen when he realises I'm staring at him, I watch as he looks over to Arabella, signalling for help.