Chapter Fourteen

Freddy rushed to hit the button, making Vanessa's face blur out of vision and disappear. But it was too late. Everyone was staring at him with wide and horrified eyes. Roxy growled and stood up. "You decommissioned Bonnie?"
"So it wasn't Monty..." Chica stared at the ground, looking defeated.
Sun had no words and Gregory shifted away from Freddy. 

Roxy, however, was ready for a fight. She sprung at Freddy and took him to the ground. Freddy rolled out of her reach and jumped back up to his feet. Roxy sprung at him again, but Freddy shifted away and grabbed her tail, flinging her away from him. She crashed into a nearby wall. "ROXY!!!" Chica rushed over to her.
"Anyone else?" Freddy asked threateningly, looking around at everyone. 

"Do you really have a button? Or have you been doing this out of your own free will?" Gregory looked up at Freddy with tears forming in his eyes.
Freddy looked back at him silently. Was that a glint of regret in his eyes? "I have," he answered calmly.
With those two words, Gregory felt like everything came crashing down. 

But just when Gregory thought he couldn't take standing by Freddy anymore, Sun moved to stand between them. He glared at Freddy. "Bonnie was our friend. How could you do this?"
Freddy just narrowed his eyes but Sun kept going. "I was never in your friend group, but I could tell you guys were happy. What happened?"

Gregory glanced up at Sun, but couldn't see his face. This time, Freddy answered. "This is none of your business, goldy." He paused and smiled. "It's time for Moon to play."

Suddenly, the lights powered down. Oh no. The power was diverted to the recharge stations. It was too dark for Sun to stay any longer. Sun stumbled back. Gregory had to move out of the way to avoid getting knocked over. Then the change began. Freddy smiled darkly as Sun's golden figure slowly got darker and darker until you couldn't call him Sundrop anymore. 

Moon blinked his red eyes open and the smile on Freddy's face grew. "Now, Moondrop, take care of Gregory."
Moon slowly turned his head to look at Gregory. Gregory stumbled back but ended up tripping over his untied shoelace. He landed on the ground heavily. Well, that was gonna leave a bruise.

Moon tilted his head and took a few steps closer until he was looming over Gregory. Gregory squeezed his eyes shut. But nothing happened. Then he heard a small laugh. Gregory opened his eyes slowly and saw Moon with his hands over his mouth. His body was shaking. 

"What-" Gregory questioned. 
Moon moved his hands and laughed, like, really loud. He held his arms around his stomach as if laughing was hurting it. 

Gregory furrowed his eyebrows and crossed his arms. "I should've known." 
Moon calmed down a bit. "You really need to pay better attention to your shoes." 

"What- how- Moondrop!!! You're supposed to listen to me!" Freddy complained. 
Moon snapped his head around to glare at him. "Shut your face, corn syrup Freddy."
Uh, Moon, it's not corn syrup. It's corrupted, Sun corrected him. 
Moon blinked before clearing his throat. "I know."

He didn't. He didn't know.