CHAPTER 13

“We’ve just confirmed that Young Lady Blaise has passed through the Capital’s west gate.”

“….”

“What should we do next?”

At Lyle’s question, Cain stared at him blankly.

Lyle, who had been glancing at him for a while, opened his mouth again at the sight of Cain slowly closing and opening his eyes as if he could not believe what he was saying.

“So, Lady Adelia Blaise has just passed through the Capital’s west—”

However, Cain stopped him from repeating it again. As he raised his hand to stop Lyle’s report, he covered his face with his opposite hand.

Doubts rose on the knight’s face this time after witnessing his master’s reaction.

Wary of his unknown behavior, his ear could abruptly hear a leer laugh.

Lyle, who raised his head, opened his mouth in surprise at the sight of Cain’s smiling face while shaking his shoulders. In an unbelievable situation, the sound of laughter that was flowing out little by little as if teasing him, as he was unable to even make a sound, soon grew loud enough to reverberate in the room.

“Hahahahaha!”

He has never seen Cain laugh out loud like this in the past five years.

There was no way of knowing whether his master was laughing because of the surprise or joy of the Young Lady’s reckless behavior.

Nonetheless, Lyle, who saw his smiling face, somehow felt stunned. After leaning against the desk in the office and laughing for a long time, Cain finally turned to him.

Lyle bowed his head as he met his red eyes staring at him with his head tilted crookedly.

“Lyle.”

Lyle was eager at his smiling voice.

“Yes, Your Highness.”

“Where do you think the Young Lady will go after passing the capital’s west gate?”

At Cain’s simple question, he swallowed his saliva. In his head, the map of the Empire Lain quickly unfolded before he opened his mouth to answer.

“I don’t know the exact destination, though if you’ve passed the west gate, I’m afraid they would have to rest at the inn in the village of Birk tonight.”

“The reason is?”

“According to the investigation, the Young Lady Blaise had a chronic disease that she had been suffering from since she was a child, and it’d been less than three months since she got up from bed rest because of that.”

Lyle spoke straight to Cain, who shook his head as if to continue.

“The only daughter that Count Blaise and the Countess conceived was Lady Adelia Blaise. She is a precious daughter, and it’s said that the Count couple and her family  have loved her very much as she was very sickly since a child.”

“….”

“So, I don’t think they’re going to take a schedule that would put a lot of strain on her body.”

“Birk…”

Cain’s long finger tapped the desk as he heard Lyle’s answer before turning his gaze towards the envelope that had a golden seal lying on the desk.

Gazing quietly at the envelope as if contemplating what to do, the corners of his lips suddenly raised.

“My young lady must be a sickly but precious princess.”

“….”

“What do you think?”

“I’ve prepared it.”

At Lyle’s quick reply, he straightened up his posture that was leaning against the desk. Seeing that, Roan, the butler of the Grand Duke, was about to approach and put on his coat for him, though Cain raised his hand as if it was all right.

“Although I said that I would invite her politely, it seems that our precious princess wouldn’t want to come without an escort, so there’s nothing I could do.”

“….”

“I’ve no choice but to go kidnap her myself.”

゚· : * ✧ * :· ゚

“Ac, achoo—!

“Young Lady, are you cold?”

When I sniffed at the sudden sneeze, Lily hurriedly came to my side and asked.

I shook my head as I watched Lily put on a white ferret fur that had been draped over my shoulders and glanced at the fire that seemed like it would engulf the fireplace at any moment.

“No. I just sneezed all of a sudden.”

“Sneeze? Do you think you’re going to catch a cold?”

“Cold?”

In response to her careful question, I carefully checked my condition.

I did not feel any of the symptoms that Adelia complained about when she was suffering from the chronic disease, like shortness of breath and headaches.

In addition, there was not a burning fever as though my whole body was on fire, and I had no nausea.

No matter how much I thought about it, I shook my head in response to the state of my body that was in perfect condition.

“No, I don’t think so. I think it was just a sneeze.”

“The Young Lady’s not lying because you’re afraid I’ll be worried again, are you?”

“It’s really true.”

Skeptical of my resolute reply, Lily quickly placed her hand on my forehead. She frowned and tilted her head a little before shuttering and spitting out her words.

“Young Lady, I don’t think you have a fever. Do you feel dizzy or have a headache?”

“No.”

“Do you have a stomach ache or feel like your intestines are twisting…?

“I don’t feel that either.”

“Then, is it like the skin all over your body is peeling off…!”

“No, I’m not sick.”

“….”

“Besides, what you’re asking about are the symptoms for a seriously ill person, isn’t it?”

“The Young Lady was seriously ill until a year ago!”