Chp.12 | Fangirls and Frustratedboys

Class had ended, sooner than he expected. It seemed like his thoughts had stopped once Xiao somehow agreed to meeting up with him.

Honestly, if it were Venti, he'd have already blocked them by now.

Isn't that like..any normal persons reaction.

He stood up as the bell rang, grabbing his bag and making his way towards Xiao. But, something stopped him.

Or, someone.

A shorter girl. She was really petite, actually. Plus..popular.

She had light, medium length, pink hair. It bounced every time she walked. Rumor has it—she's never worn make up, and still looks as cute as she does!

Basically the entire school knows about this girl. And—this girl is, Rika Akuzama. So why was a girl like her trying to talk to a guy like Xiao?

One reason. To get together with him.

Venti paused. If they got together—

For some reason, Venti wasn't thinking of those scenarios from the last time he thought about Xiao getting together with a cute girl.

"Xiao, can I speak to you for a minute?" Rika asked, as innocent as ever.

"Ok. What is it?" and of course, Xiao had to use that same monotone voice that always brought people away.

A few people in the class gasped, amongst the silence as they watched the interaction between the two. Some guys looked jealous, and most of the girls looked jealous too.

Rika didn't seem to care though. At all.

"I baked these in one of my classes. We had left overs—and I thought I'd give them to you!" She smiled lightly,"Since you're really cool and all."

Xiao looked confused at first, he probably didn't know how popular this girl was due to him always being in his thoughts. But he absolutely had to notice her beauty and sweet personality! I mean, the girl was right in front of him..holding out a neatly wrapped bag of cookies with a bow on it!

It even had a note on it saying 'To: Xiao', so it wasn't like this was out of the blue. It was planned from the start.

"I don't want them."

"Ah...huh?" Rika replied back to Xiao's words. Seeming to be in total shock. "W-why! —Won't you take the cookies..? I made them just for you!" Her tone got a bit sharper, but it seemed she realized this and changed up a bit. She smiled brightly, but she obviously seemed nervous.

"Why not give them to one of your friends or something? I've seen you hang out with them. I don't really know who you are, but I've seen the things you do." He grabbed his book bag, standing up.

"Eh—what are you t..talking about..?" Her eyes widened slightly, and her smile dropped.

Xiao sighed,"Never mind. If you're doing this to make fun of me, then I suggest not wasting cookies on it."

"Make..fun of you?"

Venti knew what this was about. "Xiao!" He called, running over to Xiao. Why was Venti acting as if they were friends all the sudden?

Xiao's eyes widened slightly as Venti walked over to him. "Let's go."

Xiao only reluctantly nodded. Venti grabbed his hand slightly and led him out of the room.

Guess this meant he wouldn't walk home with Childe today, either.

-

They walked out of the building, it was..comfortable silence. But Venti asked to meet up with him, he had to say something—

"Xiao.."

Xiao turned to look at Venti.

"I'm sorry. I'm sorry for..—I just, I didn't know you felt that way." He'd better explain it from the start. "I thought you were a narcissist—and didn't care for anyone else. Because you always ignored the girls that liked you."

He frowned,"I..did hate you at first. But then I started to—like (you) being around you. I'm..sorry."

He hated apologizing..but he felt this was necessary. Very..necessary.

Xiao looked shocked for a moment, but quickly returned to his usual, nonchalant expression.

"It's ok. I overreacted. So, sorry." Xiao responded. This..made Venti feel even worse. Why was Xiao having to apologize? Venti was the one who punched him.

Venti sighed. "Uhm..do you maybe..wanna hang out? Like—actually hang out? As..friends this time?"

Xiao smiled slightly, and Venti couldn't help but to smile back. Even if his face was turning a bit pink—that's besides the point though.

"Sure."

-

They'd gone out to get some ice cream. Venti's suggestion, of course. Since..Xiao didn't really hang out often, and it had to be quick so his mom wouldn't get mad.

But time passed by a little too fast. Xiao checked his phone, and his eyes widened.

6:20pm

Oh..oh no. "I—I gotta go!" He put his phone back in his pocket.

"Xiao, hang on!" He grabbed his wrist. Xiao's jacket was pulled, and some of his forearm was revealed. As well as the bruises.

But unlike last time, there were more. Way more. They looked new.

"Xiao—"

Xiao just pulled away, practically running back. Venti didn't want to end up chasing him. Nor could he. He was too shocked to move. Scared, even.

Despite knowing the truth about Xiao, a deep part in Venti still didn't like him very much. He was dense, right? And—he was rejecting those girls and didn't care for their feelings.

He was fun to hang out with, though. As much as Venti didn't want to admit it.

He got his phone out and texted Childe.

VENTI: I don't hate Xiao anymore.

Simple words, yet they hold so much meaning considering how much Venti despised him. It's almost like that was the main conversation of, well—every conversation you'd have with Venti.

But, Childe didn't respond to Venti's message. Maybe he was just busy or something. So, in the end, Venti walked home alone.

WORD COUNT ; 979

A/N; maowowowwww MAOW MAOW meeeowwww!!! 👨‍🦲🫶
Btw, for the people who wanted more drama in the vote—literally don't worry. Cuz there's gonna be plenty lollll