𝟐𝟑. give him time

WHITE FLAG

chapter twenty-three : give him time
{ season two - episode eight }

chapter twenty-three : give him time{ season two - episode eight }

"WE'VE BEEN OUT. We've been combing these woods looking for her and she was in there all along?" Shane began as the Greene family slowly walked back to their house. Kloe kept beside Glenn, and she didn't speak once throughout everything that was happening. She couldn't speak, and she didn't even know why. She wasn't related to Sophia, but she still felt like family. "You knew?"

"Leave us alone," Maggie said angrily, sending the man a death glare. Everyone else had decided to stay back to tidy up the mess we - Shane - had created.

Rick grasped onto his best friend's arm, "Hey, Shane, just stop, man-"

"Get your hands off me," he bellowed, swinging his arm around as he narrowed his eyes at Rick. He turned back to the Greene's and sped up his pace. "You knew and you kept it from us."

The more Shane spoke, the more it made Maggie's blood boil. She gritted her teeth before looking over her other shoulder and saw Glenn and Kloe behind her. "I didn't know," Hershel defended, his arm wrapped around his youngest daughter.

"That's bullshit. I think y'all knew," he retorted, getting more aggravated as time passed.

"We didn't know!" Maggie snapped, defending her father.

"Why was she there?!" Shane growled, wanting to know answers. And if she was being honest, Kloe wanted to know too. Why was Sophia in their barn? Was that why they wanted to keep it a secret? So then they couldn't find out that the girl they were looking for was in there?

"Otis put those people in there," Hershel replied, emphasizing the particular man's name. He let go of his youngest daughter and turned around once they reached the porch to his house. "Maybe he found her and put her in there before he was killed."

"You expect me to believe that?" Shane scoffed. "What do I look like? I look like an idiot?"

Noticing Shane's anger, Rick put his arm in front of him to prevent him from lunging at the man. "Shane, hey, hey, hey."

"I don't care what you believe!" Hershel roared, obviously getting annoyed with the whole situation. Kloe didn't blame him, she was severely aggravated at Shane's behavior.

"Everybody just calm down!"

Kloe gripped onto Glenn's upper arm tightly as more shouts leaped across the area. Glenn noticed quickly and set his own hand on top of hers. "Get him off my land!" Hershel pointed directly at Shane, hatred in his voice for what Shane had done.

"Let me tell you something-" he aggressively stepped toward the elderly man, gritting his teeth and clenching his fists.

"Hey. Don't touch him!" Maggie shouted, trying to push Shane away from her father with one hand. Her hand quickly and forcefully connected to the man's cheek, "Haven't you done enough?"