16 | Manager

Thursday

You wanted to bang your head repetitively on your desk.

Thanks to Suna you no longer had Spotify premium, you hardly got any sleep last night and now you had to listen to your science teacher drone on and on about  DNA replication.

At least you had Osamu in your class, you thought to yourself, who currently looked lost in his own world of thought.

To a stranger it might look like he was having deep intellectual thoughts with his emotionless face, but you knew he was probably thinking about food.

No doubt wondering what to eat next, while also reminiscing about breakfast.

It was quite amusing actually as you recalled a time when Osamu practically cried to you about missing breakfast.

He gets really emotional over food you've realised over these last two months which is understandable.

"The bell went y/n" Osamu voiced, packing your pencil case and book for you, while people stormed out the classroom.

"Right. I knew that." You laughed, realising you have a habit of getting a bit too stuck in your head.

It seems Osamu knew that too as he affectionately flicked your head.

At least you'd like to imagine it was affectionate.

🍙

You decided today you'd play a bit of volleyball with the team, which from the few times you had, normally ended up with you very pissed at how good they were.

You and Atsumu were casually setting backwards and forth, passing the ball.

"You suck" Atsumu snidely said when your set was a bit short.

"Yeah well you can suck my dick..." You muttered angrily under your breath.

No one pissed you off more than Atsumu when it came to volleyball.

He always had something to say when you made a mistake and it was never nice.

Obviously you quickly learned how to annoy him back and now always made sure to be extra disruptive during his serves.

It was quite frightening how pissed he got in all honesty, but yolo.

As the ball came back towards you in an annoyingly perfect set you got the great idea to transition it to a chest pass to catch Atsumu off guard.

You managed to successfully pull it off but a hand came out of nowhere immediately blocking it.

It thudded to the ground and you looked up to a smirking Suna.

"Why." You demanded.

"Cause I can." Suna provoked you, patting your head.

"And... because Kita wants to talk to you." He revealed, pointing towards Kita who stood nearby waiting.

You glowered at him angrily kicking the volleyball away. Which bemusedly brought out a spluttered "hey-!" from Atsumu.

You walked over to Kita who had a serious expression, although he always had a serious expression.

Your previous anger went to the back of your head as your nerves grew instead.

"Hi Kita, you wanted to talk to me?" You started off politely, slightly worried.

"Yes y/n, the inarizaki volleyball team has been scheduled for practice matches in Tokyo for a week."

"This means we'll be leaving and I thought it was in your best interest you knew."

"Oh" you felt your mouth go dry. You didn't know what to say.

This was great for them but you'll be left all alone.

"It may also be in your interest I thought, to offer you the manager position?"

"Oh."

Once again you didn't know what to say, Kita just overloaded your brain.

You wanted to smack yourself for looking so stupid.

"What I mean is um — yes!" You quickly corrected yourself.

It's not like managing a volleyball team could be hard right?

Plus you get to go back to see Tokyo where you just came from before coming to Hyōgo and attending Inarizaki.

Kita pat your shoulder lightly, "welcome to the team."

You turned to share the news with a big grin on your face, surprised to see your friends cheering already.

By cheering you meant, Suna kept a straight, Osamu had his face stuffed with food, giving you a thumbs up, while Atsumu cheered solely.

You already felt apart of the team.