Chapter 10: The Emergency

18.04.2015

Copyright © April 2015 All Rights Reserved

Chapter 10: The Emergency

Sandra Adele Rosé

I left for a walk, to catch a bit of fresh air without my coat or anything because I really didn't want to go and get it from Cameron's office. I just left the building and walked along the sidewalk.

At least that's what I had in mind. My life was complicated aright, it's just too messed up, and everything will stay that way for now on, like it has been for the past five years or so. I just don't get him. All the other men I had stumbled upon, liked the sight of me but take a run with their money the moment they see I have a child.

Sure it was annoying and all but to be honest I didn't care. Now why would one of the most important man in New York kiss me, a single mom? My best asnwer was, for his own good.

Let me just skip to what happened next. A car almost knocked me out the way, by the way it stopped. What the actual-- "Get in the car." The window to the shotgun seat was rolled down.

"Why would I get in that car with you?"

"Sandra, you have a choice, get in the car or I'll put you in it." Yeah that got my attention, a challenge. I folded my arms over my chest.

"You can't tell me what to--" Hey, I didn't get to finish speaking and I was grabbed off the pavement. How did he get to me in a flash? I swear he was on the drivers seat five seconds ago. "Get your hands off of me!" I ordered, trying to do it myself, since he is so keen on getting me in his car.

"Don't say I didn't warn you." I was in the seat and buckled in before my heart could beat the second time. He started the car, when he got in front of the steering wheel.

I saw people staring at the car like it was crazy. "Why do you have to make such a big scene?" I asked staring out my window.

"Because you don't listen, I mean you have about twenty missed called, and lucky I was nice enough to pick up when Cameron brought your things over--"

"Don't tell me you went through my bag."

"--Would you listen, and no- Cameron did. The first thing I heard when I picked up was: Am I speaking to Sandra Adele Rosé?" He was interrupted by the ring of my phone. I heard Liam mumble under his breath.

Liam handed it to me like he had it all along which he did. I looked at the screen. "Elementary school. Why would Adeline's school be calling?" I asked myself quietly. "Hello?" I answered, once pucking up.

"Hi, am I speaking to Sandra Rosé?" I told them yes. "I've been calling for about forty five minutes and it's an emergency about your daughter Adeline Rosé."

My heart hammered against my rip cage at the mention of emergency. "Yes, what about my daughter, is everything okay?"

"Please do not panic ma'am. Adeline had been running a major fever, her temperature had risen until her nose began bleeding. Our staff thought it wasn't anything grand, but she collapsed a few minutes later and the moment there was no pulse we called for an ambulance."

Every thing inside of me broke a billion times over and over again. "And you couldn't have informed me the second she had a 'major fever'?" I shouted into the phone like a mad woman because I had every right to be. "Where is my daughter now?" I was far from asking politely. I wouldn't break not on the phone with this lady and certainly not with Liam Douglas around.