Eye of the Storm (Daughter of Mortis)

Prompt:
After leaving Tatooine, the family of three must decide if joining the Rebels on Hoth is the right call.

Requested by JoeyKirkpatrickJr

Part 4! Her Memory

He/Him

2nd POV
♡︎♡︎♡︎♡︎♡︎

"Nephal, darling. Please slow down. The baby needs you to take care of yourself," you whispered, holding your daughter, Elpída's hand. She was shaking slightly. Only a few hours ago, you and your wife had dumped the news about your new plan to the kid, and she wasn't supportive at all. Both yourself and your wife had agreed that the best way to protect the family was by joining the Rebellion. The Rebels were non-existent on Tatooine, so it was hard to get into contact with them, but Nephal worked her magic. Hoth is where the most current Rebel base is located.
Now, heavily pregnant, the woman, her husband, and her daughter are leaving Tatooine behind.

"Daddy, I don't want to leave Tatooine!" your daughter protested, looking to Nephal with tear-filled eyes, "I have so many friends here. I don't want to leave them."

"You're probably the only person in the galaxy who doesn't want to get off of Tatooine as fast as possible," you responded while ruffling Elpída's hair lovingly, "We can always buy you a droid. Might help you keep Tatooine close to your heart in a sense. You're old enough now for one, anyways."

Your wife frowned slightly. Nephal has been particular about droids in general thanks to the Clone Wars all those years ago. Not to mention she didn't want a repeat of how you were when you lost Clive and Flash, your old Commando droids that become more like friends then droids. You were devastated and you didn't really know why— they're just droids... logically.

"Are you sure?" the Daughter asked while scooping up two suitcases into her arms and lugging them to your small ship. The vessel hardly even picked up off the ground, but it was better than nothing. At least it got you and your family from point A-to-B when you've needed it.

Elpída's eyes lit up immediately and she nodded, "Can we get some from the Jawas? They always pick up some good stuff. At least that's what my friends say."

"Your friends are smart, kiddo," you commented while walking her up into the ship. She was still young, but her intelligence and wisdom was far beyond her age. She must get that from her mother.

While Nephal continued to scoop bag after bag into her grip, you began to take them from her and place them in the ship. Honestly, the reason you waited so long to tell Elpída about the plan is so she couldn't tell her friends. Your wife and yourself strategically planned this so no one would know about your escape. If the Empire came looking, no one would be able to betray your family.
As the ship became packed with all your belongings, you grabbed the ship controls and picked the bucket of bolts off the sandy ground. It would be pretty easy finding a Jawa transport: they're everywhere here. Hopefully they'd have a protocol droid; your kid seemed to love them the best.

"Daddy! I see the Jawas!" Elpída commented almost immediately as you lifted from the ground. She smiled wildly while smudging her face to the front window, "Hurry up!"

You smiled and kissed your wife happily. You couldn't believe something as pure and loving as Elpída resulted from you. You were war scarred and emotionally drained on every level, yet Nephal and Elpída came into your life and saved you. You were eternally grateful for their existence,
"I'll flag them down."