26.

Bucky

Y/N was dancing with Tiffany to the music that was playing along with everyone else. While Sam had some super soaker water guns stored away from when he was younger. "Do they still work?" I asked. "Of course" He said filling them up meanwhile I was filling up the water balloons.
"They got straps too so we two guns each and once we run out of water we got the water balloons" he explained as we dapped each other up.

He handed me both water guns as I sat them to the side and continued filling up the water balloons dividing them easily to each bucket. We were soon finished "now I'm not going to lie we may get yelled at" Sam started off as I placed the guns across my chest. "But it's pay back" I said as Sam chuckled and agreed. "and it's worth it" He said as we agreed and started heading outside.

Y/N and Tiffany continued to dance as Sam and I started spraying them. They immediately broke away and ran in different directions. I ran over to AJ spraying him with the water gun as he ran and I chased him continuing to spray him. My water gun ran out as he was soaked.

I then ran after Y/N as she now had a water gun and we sprayed each other continuously. I soon got a hold of her and picked her up as she laughed. Sam came over to us spraying
Y/N and  I both with water guns as I used Y/N as a shield laughing. "Tiffany get him!" Y/N shouted as I felt water being sprayed on my back and I placed her on her feet letting her go. I started spraying both Y/N and Tiffany as they sprayed back.

"Get him Cass" Tiffany yelled as I was ran out of water and Cass started spraying me. "I'm out" Y/N said placing her hand up as she was soaked. She placed her hands up and stepped back. "I'm done" Tiffany said as I agreed. Cass and AJ then started chasing Sam as Sam was firing back. I just smiled watching them all play I then heard Y/N say my name. I looked down at her as she handed me a towel.

"Thanks" I said taking the towel from her then feeling her hit my arm. "What'd I do?" I asked in a chuckle. "I just got this dress and you want to play" She expressed I asked laughing some. "I'm sorry" I apologized as she just side eyed me causing me to chuckle. "You look nice when you're wet" I said realizing what I just said and how it could be taken out of context. She just made a face before she laughed. "I'm sorry" I apologized as she shook her head. "It's fine" she assured as we started walking with each other. "Besides I do look nice while I'm wet" I heard her say making me look over at her as AJ and Cass came over to us.

The sun started setting around 7:30 and people were beginning to leave. I noticed Y/N wasn't around so I stepped onto Sam's boat just to see if I seen her and she was standing there looking at the water and the sunset.
She finally looked over at me as I looked over the water feeling complete peace.

"What are you thinking about?" I asked curious as she shook her head. "These past six months have been hell and I don't know recently I've just accepted everything that has happened and I'm okay" she admitted as I looked over at her and smiled as she continued to look at the sky. "This is the happiest I've been in a long time and I honestly want to stay this way" She said with a smile.

"Yeah and it shows" I agreed "I don't know Steve before he left said there was some type of glow about you and when around you, you had no choice but to be happy and laugh when with you" I started off looking over at her "and I understand exactly what he's talking about" I admitted as she looked over at me and smiled. "I try" she said making me chuckle. She finally stood up "you alright?" She asked looking over at me. "Yeah I'm doing better" I honestly said as she smiled.

"That's good and you just need to take some time out for yourself and find what makes you happy" she said rubbing my back some before walking around me about to get off the boat but I stopped her. "Y/N" I called out as she turned to look back at me. "You never gave me a date to come out to Georgia" I brought up causing her to smile. " What are you doing once you leave here?" She asked as I shrugged some. "Going back to Brooklyn. So nothing" I admitted as she smiled.

"We can fly to Georgia together" She suggested as I was about to say something but we heard Sam . "When we going to Atlanta?" Sam asked as Y/N and I looked over at him. "What?"I asked as Sam got onto the boat excitedly. "You two are talking about us all going to Atlanta" he brought up. "I don't know what you're talking about" Y/N lied. "You just said it" Sam brought up. "You know what since we have nothing to do as far as missions. I think when you leave off back to Atlanta we all should go" Sam said as Y/N and I just looked at each other and I chuckled.

"Yeah I guess. That sounds fun" Y/N said as Sam clapped his hands together then rubbed them. "I'm about to tell Tiffany" he said excitedly going off the boat as Y/N and I just looked at each other. "I don't know how you deal with him" I started off making her laugh. "I don't know Sam is funny to me" she admitted walking into the wheelhouse of the boat as I followed. "So I guess now I'm going to stay at the hotel now since Tiffany and Sam are coming along" I brought up as Y/N looked from the pictures she was looking at back at me.

"No I got more than enough room trust me" she started off "I have a lot of space and sometimes it gets lonely so all of you can stay" she assured with a smile. "You didn't make any friends out in Atlanta?" I asked in a small chuckle. "I live where mostly white people stay so" she started off then laughed some. "They know who I am and it's like they can't believe that I was with who I was with so they just stare" she explained as I chuckled.

"Ask them one day what they're looking at" I started off making her let out a small laugh. "No I am the quiet neighbor I want to be noticed less" she assured as I smiled at her some. "It's like half stare at me like they've never seen a black person before and then the other half tries to ask me all these questions about Steve and it's annoying" she admitted as I laughed. "Especially the women" she said rolling her eyes and shaking her head causing me to chuckle.

"have you ever thought about moving somewhere else just for a little more safety?" I started off as she looked at me "because I don't know if they're staring at you like that it maybe a cause for concern" I brought up as she nodded. "Yeah. but where?" She asked.

" I wouldn't mind living around people who look like me at all because I love my people but the issue that we run into as black people is the crab and the bucket mentality" she started off "not only that but I was married to a blonde haired, blue eyed, white guy who stood for America and on top of that I'm a black woman then ON TOP OF THAT I'm living alone so no matter where I try to move, be comfortable and safe at I really can't" she explained with a small smile.

"Have you ever thought about maybe moving back to New York?" I asked leaning against the wheel of the boat looking at her. She immediately nodded standing in front of me.
"Of course because it's WAY more diverse and as far as race and the history between the New York and Georgia goes it's two different atmospheres. Even down to how people think but I want the space and New York is New York" she admitted as I slowly nodded understanding where she was coming from.

"Being with Steve there was a form of protection emotionally and physically. He didn't let things slide at all when it came to me being a black woman and how other people would try to treat me and even attack me. So I'm now trying to go back to not having that crutch there" she admitted then shrugged some. "I'm not going to say I know that it's hard because I don't know but it's challenging for you" I started off as she nodded. "Whenever you feel uncomfortable and you need someone there Sam and I are just a phone call away or if you need to get out just let me know and you can stay with me for a while whatever you need to do if you're feeling unsafe" I explained.

"Even if it's just your anxiety and it was nothing really going on, you can always come. We just don't want anything to happen and for you to be safe." I assured as she faintly smiled and nodded. "Okay" she said as we smiled at each other about to say something but Sam interrupted us.