Sorry mama N.R

Natasha POV
The rest of the Avengers have been slightly busier than me, going on more missions since Y/N was still young. I wasn't taken off the mission entirely, I still had missions to go but since this was slightly more risk taking, Tony decided it was better for me to stay behind.

Thank goodness for Tony's thinking because on the same day they left, Y/N was sick and it would have been terrible if I had left. She vomited on me this morning when I woke her up and it was apparently very funny to her. "I vomit on you, so funny." She said repeatedly after I washed myself up.

"Oh yeah, you think it's funny?" I booped her nose and she scrunched her face. I would have tickled her but I didn't want her to feel too sick. I much prefer her bubbly self and was glad that she wasn't feeling too sick and crying all the time.

I spent the entire day taking care of her from the moment I woke up. I placed the coolfever pad on her forehead in an attempt to cool her fever down as quickly as possible.

Using the recipe that Wanda has given me with a step by step video knowing how dumb I am with the kitchen, I prepared food for Y/N. I didn't make the kitchen a mess so I think I did alright. After tasting it to make sure it was edible, I cooled down the food making sure I wouldn't scorch my baby's tongue.

Once it was cool enough to touch, I went to wake Y/N from her playpen. She was sleeping peacefully and I stroked her cheeks lightly to wake her up. She brought so much joy to my life that I never imagined I could have.

"Mama?" She said groggily as she opened her eyes.

"Yes, it's me. It's mama. It's time to eat, sweetie." I picked her up and placed her on my hip while she laid her head on my shoulder, the sleepiness had yet to leave her entirely. I placed her on the couch before going to the kitchen to take the food that I have plated.

"Y/N, please?" She was making it very difficult to feed her, moving her head each time causing a mess all over. I wasn't even sure what was the use of wearing the bib when she was going to make a mess anyway. It usually wasn't this hard to feed her, I wasn't sure if it was because she was sick or the lack of help from the others to distract and entertain her while I fed her.

I sighed and turned around to take a piece of tissue to wipe her face when I heard a thud. I turned around to see she had fallen off the couch and I dropped everything to make sure she was okay. "Oh my god Y/N, are you okay?"

Surprisingly she wasn't crying but she clung onto me and said. "Sorry mama." I rubbed her back while sitting on the floor whispering sweet nothing to her for a while before moving.

I made sure she still had her balance and wasn't feeling giddy before putting her back in the safety of her playpen. After washing everything up, I went to see that she was playing with her blocks, trying to stack them as high as possible. "Baby, I want to show you something."

"Yes, mama?" She said but she was still trying to place the square block on the triangle which wasn't working.

"Come here baby." I picked her up and placed her on my lap with my phone in front of her. She instantly was drawn to the electronics and reached her hand out for it and I had to push her arms down and work through the screen with one hand.

"Baby look." I showed her the CCTV recording of her falling off and she started giggling and clapping her arms non-stop to the point I don't know if she knows it's her on the screen.

"Some more. Some more." Seeing that she was so happy, I clipped that part for her and replayed it until she got tired of it.

"I was so worried when you fell off, Y/N." My heart was already broken since she's sick and she gave me a heart attack when she fell off but I'm glad she was okay in the end.

Written on 20 March 2022
Posted on 25 Aug 2022

Dang... I have to make sure I keep on top of school and I haven't been writing at all... I hate calculus!!