Chapter 3

{a/n: things are getting a little bit spicy hihihi}

You sighted "How did I end up here, again?"

"Ahahah, Hu Tao is really good at convincing people" 

Hu Tao turned off the car and the 3 of you got out. You and Fishl had beautiful dresses of your favorite colors, paired with classic high converse to be more comfortable while dancing. The sneakers didn't downgrade your looks though, you were looking like a goddess. Hu Tao opted for a more practical outfit: a short jumpsuit. Skirts weren't exactly her thing, she never felt free to move how she desired.

"Oh Fishl, you should have witnessed Y/n's expression when her parents gave her permission!" Hu Tao couldn't stop laughing at the thought of the face you did when your last hope went into pieces in front of you. Fishl, on the contrary, was trying to make you feel better "Oh come on Y/n, you love dancing, this is a good place, the music here is really good, and the dance floor is amazing"

"Yes, I love dancing, but alone, locked in my room. And when did you come here? Hu Tao told me you wanted to try it with us"

"I said that because that's what she told me! Did you lie to me?" the brown-haired girl pouted, faking being hurt even though she didn't really care. It was a trivial matter anyway, nothing serious.

"I didn't lie! But that was when this place opened, a whole month ago. You didn't seem to be willing to come any time soon, soooooo I came with a boy from my modern literature class. Just once though, I swear"

"We're not mad at you Fishl, calm down" you said laughing a little, while approaching the entrance. Your heart was racing, whit fear and excitement together. Maybe you would have had fun indeed.

"Oh good. Anyway, as I was trying to tell you in the car, this place is new and really popular among people our age or slightly older, so-"

"Our chance to score a cute guy!" Hu Tao finished Fishl's sentence, making the guards giggle a tiny bit. With time, your friends kind of gave up on you and Scaramouche. They still thought you would have loved him dearly, even if Hu Tao didn't want you to end up in a relationship with such a "saucy little brat" like him. But eighter way, you proved them plenty of times you didn't have any feelings for him. You just wanted to know him better. And none of you crushes lasted more than two months anyway, with you falling as soon as you knew them.

When you got inside, you were left astonished. The place was huge, two floors, a bar counter running all along the right wall of the ground floor, flashlights going on and off faster than a blink of an eye, the smell of smoke ice-effect and said smoke filling the gigantic room, making the spinning colorful leds visible. The dance floor was full of people, with the DJ all the way back to the other side of the entrance on an elevated platform, surrounded by a stage half the height of his platform, with two poles to the sides. Wait, no. Not "his", "their". At the console there were two people, a boy and a girl. Even though you didn't assume their gender just by their looks. And then, of course, the music. When your ears had adapted a little to the incredibly high volume, you had to agree with Fishl. The music was amazing. It immediately got you in the right mood, making you forget all your concerns in a flash of the lights.

You and your friends didn't want to exaggerate, especially you, since it was your first time doing something like that, so before arriving to the club you only got one drink from a pub along the way, the one Kaeya recommended Fishl. But not even the time to let you register all the things you were seeing and hearing, that Fishl was already dragging you to the bar counter. "It's no fun without alcohol. Beside Hu Tao, she has to drive, and she seems always high anyway"