One Shot: Toddler Daughter

Introduction:
While Y/N is at work at St. Mungo's Hospital, Severus is watching over their toddler daughter in Spinner's End.

This is a request from @_Half_bloodprince_. Thank you for your request! Some of the ideas are from Amaya_Honeybelle.

It's a continuation of "Surprise". Y/O/N means your owl's name while Y/E/C means your eye colour.

I hope you enjoy!

Published: 3/20/2022
———————————————

Word count: 1.4k

At St. Mungo's Hospital, Y/N is taking a small break. She just helped her fellow colleagues heal a man from a snake bite.

It made her a bit emotional as it reminded her of her own husband's attack in the Shrieking Shack. Thank Merlin she had the antidote with her!

She can't imagine a life without him nor their daughter. Y/N smiles at the thought of their toddler. Their little girl is already three years old - time flies by way too fast!

It feels like it was yesterday she gave birth. Severus was a nervous wreck. In fact, he was more nervous than the mother giving birth.

Despite his nervousness, he still supported his wife and held her hand during the long and painful process, whispering reassuring and calming words into her ear.

The long and painful process was definitely worth it - they were in awe when they saw their newborn daughter. She was so small and beautiful. Severus had tears in his eyes.

They agreed to name her Eileen Y/N Snape, her first name being the same as Severus' mother.

At first, he was a bit scared to hold her. "What if I hurt her? What if I drop her?" he asked with uncertainty in his voice.

However, when Y/N assured him that everything would be fine, he gently took the small girl in his arms.

After that, he has had trouble letting go of her. He's definitely a nervous and overprotective father, always checking on her and making sure that she's okay.

One day when Draco, Pansy, Narcissa and Lucius came to visit them, Severus growled when Lucius tried to hold the baby.

The blonde-haired man was surprised while the others just laughed at how protective Severus is as a father.

He has calmed down a bit - Lucius did get to hold her.

But Severus is also a really caring father, he does love his daughter tremendously. He always looks after her while Y/N is at work.

While Y/N is at home, he insists that she relaxes. She often cuddles with their daughter while Severus cooks.

However, they do things together most of the time when both of them are home - they eat together and play together with their daughter.

Their favourite time of the day is bedtime stories - they lie down together in bed, their daughter between them, as they switch to read the story.

One time, Eileen wanted Severus to voice the princess. He didn't even complain - of course, being Severus Snape, he did roll his eyes without their daughter noticing.

Y/N tried her best not to giggle when he made a high-pitched voice for the princess.

Eileen seemed to enjoy it very much, demanding that he would voice the princesses from now on.

Thinking of her two favourite people, Y/N wonders what they are up to right now.
______________________________

In Spinner's End, Severus is feeding Eileen as it's lunchtime.