EPILOGUE

Word Count: 1470

~Avia

I hold Isaiah's hand tightly, looking at him as he looks at the house that reportedly held his mother in the duration of Isaiah's reign as Alpha.

Over the past month, while transferring power, we have sent her letters, asking her if she wanted to return to the estate, but she refused. So now, we have come to where she has made herself a home, on the edge of the Passion Pack.

Isaiah is anxious to see her again. It's been years since Kit forbid him from seeing her until he proved himself as Alpha.

And now I get to watch them being reunited.

"Are you nervous?" I ask softly. Isaiah nods, swallowing tightly as he stares at the front door, which we are yet to approach. He's taking his time, drinking in the sight of his mother's home, which she is unwillingly to part with. I can't blame her. It's beautiful out here.

Isaiah sighs. "More then I would like to admit."

"When did she leave?" I ask gently. Making him repeat the story will make him remember who much he wants this. He's convinced himself that she may not want to see him, but I know that isn't true. In her letters, she was desperate for him to come visit, and due to the harsh memories from the old manor, she didn't want to return.

I feel the same. Now, I don't see myself ever returning to that place, even if it is where I met my mate. Too many lies, and too much pain has been experienced there.

"Father took her away when I was a teenager. He thought I needed to hurt to be a good Alpha," he murmurs sadly. Why Kit would think that would work was beyond me, but his arrogance was his downfall, so I'm not surprised at the foolish decisions that he made.

I lean up, kissing his cheek. "I'm sure she misses you so much."

"I'm excited for her to meet you, too. She often talked about how she wished she was able to be with her mate. I'm sure she will be overjoyed to hear I'm with mine," he says, a warmth finally coming to his eyes, nerves starting to settle.

"Come on, there is no point waiting any longer."

I drag him toward the door, and knock on it on his behalf. He stands ridged, anticipating her reaction to him. She knows we are coming, but it's exciting nonetheless.

The door creaks open, and a cautious looking woman looks out.

As soon as she sees who we are, she pulls the door open, grinning at us both. It's obvious this is Isaiah's mother, they look strikingly alike.

She wastes no time, stepping out to grab Isaiah, pulling him in for a hug. "It's really you..."

"I'm so glad to see you mother," he murmurs into her hair.

An ache gathers in my stomach, in my heart. Seeing Isaiah with his mother makes me so happy, but it brings memories back of my mother. I would kill to see her again, to hold her one last time. I wish there were a way for me to be reunited with her, like Isaiah can with his mother. But I'll just have to be happy with this.

"You killed him, didn't you?" she asks.

Isaiah pulls back, holding her shoulders as he looks over her, as if there may be a new detail about her that he cannot remember. "He was a tyrant. It had to be done."

"I'm glad you did. I'm glad you freed me," she says. She didn't seem imprisoned, but I don't think she means physically. It's no secret Kit was abusive. He hit me, and he hit his own son. I wouldn't be surprised if Isaiah's mother was a victim to his unending anger.

"I should have killed him sooner, mother. I shouldn't have waited..."

"I'm just happy to see you, alright? You don't need to regret anything," she murmurs, bringing him in for another hug.

When they pull away, Isaiah look back at me. "Mother, I want you to meet my mate, Avia."

She turns to look at me, smiling warmly. I share her smile. She is truly beautiful, in a timeless way, even carrying herself like a true Luna. She should have been able to live out her duties, to be involved, because I get the feeling that if she were, she would have led this Pack to be far greater than it has been under Kit's rule.

"It's so nice to meet you," I say, taking her hand as she offers it to me, shaking it.

"Wow, you found your mate? That's incredible for the both of you," she muses, looking between Isaiah and I. There is a tinge of sadness in her tone. It's clear she wishes she was there for such a pivotal moment in her sons life, having missed out so much in just a few years.

"It is," Isaiah says, looking down at me.

"It is a big step, to become a Luna," she tells me, a sad look in her eyes. Her right to be one was stolen from her, and I can see the pain in her tense expression.

Isaiah wraps his arm around my waist, tugging me closer. "Actually, I've stepped down as Alpha, mother."

"Really?" she exclaims, surprised.

"I decided I'm no longer interested in running a Pack, so my trusted friend, Zire, and his mate, Cherry, are going to take over, as per most of the Pack's decision," Isaiah explains. I smile, knowing that Isaiah made the best decision for nominating the Zire as Alpha for the Pack to decide. Zire knows how the Pack runs, and Cherry is kind and genuine. The two of them will run this Pack well.

When they get over the overwhelming excitement of being mates. Both of them wanted it, but where too frightened to admit it to each other, in all the time they knew each other.

"And what will you do?" she asks.

"Avia and I are going to start our lives elsewhere, in another Pack," he explains. I'm beyond excited for this new life with Isaiah. Both of us need peace, and some time to enjoy each other, without thinking of anything, or anyone else.

For a moment, I think Isaiah's mother may be disappointed, but eventually she smiles, actually looking relieved. "I'm happy for the both of you. I never thought you would get away from that life, Isaiah, but I'm glad you did."

"I am too, mother," Isaiah murmurs.

She looks over his shoulder, eyebrows raising. "I see you brought some friends with you."

"They are coming with us to help us settle in, and then they are going to live their lives," Isaiah explains. Zire, Cherry, Elise and Savea stand by the fence, discussing something between themselves.

Turning, I wander down the steps toward them. It's going to be hard saying goodbye to a lot of them, but I know I will see them soon enough. And it's for the best, for us to spread out, to rid of the remaining memories of the lives we once lived.

I approach Elise. "I never got to thank you for what you did to Malin."

It took me a while, but I finally feel as though I am over Malin's death. I would have preferred she lived, perhaps lived her time far away from all of us, but that couldn't happen. She would have stopped at nothing to take the Pack as her own.

"There was no way the Pack would have democracy if she remained alive. And I found out she was framing Mari's family for the murders. She was never aligned with the rebellion," Elise mutters distastefully.

I smirk. "I thought you hated Mari?"

Elise rolls her eyes. "I do, but she is just a product of her parents. She is being punished enough by these changes, I didn't need to help that.

She's right, Mari is struggling. But like the rest of us, she is going to have to move on.

I look back up at Isaiah, who is looking back at me while speaking to his mother, smiling.

This isn't a mistake. Whatever happens next, I'm glad this next stage of life is with him.

💙••💛

Hey guys! Thank you so much for reading the final story in the Alpha series (:

It's a crazy end to an era, although I do have a final book planned that will wrap it all up together, that will be released in the future.

For now, I want to thank you all for the support (:

If you want to keep up with me, I just released a brand new book on Wattpad named A Demon's Kiss.

I hope you all enjoy!

~Midika 💜🐼