chapter 30

"back to business!"

You were awoken by the feeling of someone tapping you. You groaned and rolled over, wrapping a pillow around your head to block out the sound. "5 more minutes, mom.."

Wait, no. Your mother wasn't awake. Your eyes shot open and sat up quickly with your arms poised to fight. You paused instantly once you realized the one who woke you up was Bruno, who was now shielding himself from you. "Señor Bruno!" I exclaim. "I am so sorry," You scramble to help him up. "It's a habit."

"At least no one will ever rob you." He laughed awkwardly. You did too. Almost punching the hell out of a family friend was not something to be proud of. after a moment of silence, Bruno cleared his throat and spoke.

"So uh, we found something while you guys were having that sleepover!" Now you're listening. "Tell me!" He cleared his throat then spoke in a dramatic voice with lots of gestures. "We found the location of the wild spark!" He announced.

You gasped in delight. "Oh my gosh really?!" You didn't really think much after that and hugged the man in front of you. "This is an amazing development! I'll go get ready and I'll meet you guys back in the living room!"

Bruno chuckled. A genuine laugh this time. "Alright then!" Then he— jumped away? He bobbed and weaved through the branches, jumping and swinging like he was a monkey! Who knew the man was so agile? After that discovery however, you stretched out and got up. 

You were back in business!

You climbed down the treehouse, left Antonio's room and left the house. After all, you still had your own house to go back to! Then once there, you washed up and dressed in a white dress shirt and a pair of your dad's old work pants. Though the shirt's sleeves was a little long, so you rolled them up to your elbows.

Now you were really ready. If any adventuring goes wrong, you'll not be tied down by the frills of your usual dresses.

And so you ventured out of your home, towards Casita.