Wrong Rope

A/N:

    Warning:  For all of you who are sensitive(spoilers for people who aren't!) this chapter involves death and trauma so be warned.  You may skip to the next chapter, I'll write a A/N quickly explaining what happened.                                                                                                                                                

On with the chapter!         Idunn-Frostfall 

     Day 25, 2:30 pm, Mt. Everest

      Colby helped Sam tighten Corey's oxygen container." You good now?" Sam asked Corey.

       Corey took a deep breath into his mask."I think so." Sam and Colby helped Corey to his feet and continued to follow the others down the mountain.

      It was storming so bad, Colby couldn't see Clare or anyone at the front of the group. He could only see Abhik and Corey. Abhik suddenly stopped.

     "There is a ledge on your right!" Abhik yelled." Be careful!"

      Colby keep as far as he could to the left but on a rock was on his left so a few feet to the right and that would be it. Sam suddenly bumped into Colby.

      "Wow be careful bro!" Colby said.

     " Sorry-Colby. Of didn't notice." Sam slurred a bit.

     "You alright, Sam." Colby asked." You don't sound could. Do you need more oxygen or something?"

     "No I'm good." Sam said, brushing Colby off lightly.

     "Alright." Colby was a little confused why Sam was acting the way he was. He had acted fine when he had helped Corey with his oxygen. However his thoughts were interrupted by the sound of a slight cracking noise.

     The sound began to get louder. Colby began to panic. He looked around and noticed just in time to see a load of snow falling down the side of the mountain towards them.

     "Avalanche!" He called out in warning. He hugged onto the side of the mouton as the snow fell hard on the group. Colby felt like some one was dropping giant bean bag chairs on him and pulled him down at the same time.

     Thankfully the avalanche was short but when it was over Colby still felt the pulled sensation.

    "Colby, help me!" He heard someone yell behind him.

     Colby turned to see the avalanche had pushed sam off the ledge and only the rope they were tied together too was keeping him form falling to his doom.

     "Sam hold on!" Colby shouted." Abhik , Corey help us!"

       Abhik and Corey hurried to help Colby. They pulled and pulled on the rope, trying to pull Sam for some reason the rope seemed stuck. "Why isn't it working?" Corey asked. Abhik looked over the ledge and saw the problem.

      "The rope is stuck between some rocks!" He told Corey and Colby over the dim of the wind and snow. Abhik went back the ledge."Sam you have to climb and unstuck from the rocks!" Abhik said.

      "Okay." Sam said but the others barely picked it up.

     Sam attempted to climb up but he wasn't in very good shape for it. Everything seemed like it was spinning slightly. He struggled as he climb yet he managed to get to the clump of rocks were the rope was stuck.

     "You doing great, Sam!" He heard Colby call out.'Try to get it freed!"

     Sam fiddled around with the rope but his mind wasn't let him think straight. A strong blow of wind pushed him to the side."I can't do it!" Sam said trying to keep back a sob.

     "I can do it, bro! Come you, you have too!" Colby said."Don't let me down, Sam!"

      Sam tried, for some reason he got really easy. In the back of his head he heard his friends shouting something at him but his exhausted mind wouldn't let him process it.

      "No Sam! That's the wrong rope!" Colby screamed." Stop unfastening it!"

      "Sam stop, wrong rope!" Abhik shouted.

       The next thing that happen let like it was in slow motion. Sam undid the rope attached to him and Colby. He staggered backwards and began fall. Colby screamed and attempted to jump of the cliff to save Sam but Abhik and Corey held him back.

      Sam disappeared into the snowy storm behind him. "Sam. Sam." Colby sobbed his friends name over in over again. Abhik put his hand on Colby's shoulder."I'm sorry."

      Colby knelt down on the cold snow. Tears pouring down his numbing face. He felt it was all his fault. If he just decided to stay home this never would have happened. What was he going to tell Elton and Jake. Heck how was he going to tell Katrina the love of her life was gone.

     Day 25, 11:32 am, Home

        Kate sat up, she had just been swiping through face book on the couch with Elton's dog, Circa laying next to her. Everyone on Facebook was explored about how excited they were about the trap-house boys climbing Mt. Everest.

       Just as she was reading a text a fan wrote about Sam, she got this terrible feeling. Like something very bad had happened. Amanda ,who had been in the living room with Kate, looked a her with a puzzled look.

      "Are you o.k, Kate?" She asked.

       "I-I just got this very bad feeling." Kate said, she was clutching her phone to her chest.

        "Is it about Sam? I told you he will be fine." Amanda said.

         "This-this just..feels different." Kate said" I-I'll be in room."

       Kate understood why her friend didn't understand why she was feeling what she was feeling. She had been edgy about Sam ever since he left, she wouldn't be surprised it was starting to get to her friends.

       Kate laid on her bed. She started to play the song  "A thousand years", it had been her and Sam's special song. She pretended he was laying right next to her and everything was alright.

      A/N : Hope the drama wasn't too much for you guys. See you in the next chapter.😈

Idunn-Frostfall