Chapter 12

- "Ceci, are you awake yet?" Luisa nudged her partner's shoulder, "Nope, just taking a very long blink," She replied before flipping over

-
"Ceci, are you awake yet?" Luisa nudged her partner's shoulder, "Nope, just taking a very long blink," She replied before flipping over.

"Cecilia, wake up its already noon." Marco shook his sister as she sat up with a pounding headache.

Aye dios mio.

She placed her palm onto her head where it hurt most, "Are you okay?" Her brother questioned her odd behavior, "Yeah, I just got up too fast. I'm going to go get ready." Cecilia grabbed her change of clothes that Marco had brought for her as she made her way to the bathroom.

"Good morning?" Mirabel said confused as Cecilia walked past her mumbling.

She finally reached the bathroom, she knocked to which no reply in which she entered. "I look like a mess." Cecilia looked at herself closely in the mirror, she had the darkest eye-bags.

Her head was still spinning and now she was experiencing chest pains. "Am I dying?"

She finished changing as she brushed her hair, "What the-" Cecilia looked at her hairbrush to find way more hair than usual tangled in the bristles.
"You okay in there?" Dolores gently screamed from outside the bathroom door, "Your heart is beating like crazy.. do you need Tia Jul-"

"No, I'm okay Dolores!" She frantically replied as she collected her belongings and made her way to the kitchen pushing past Dolores before sitting next to Luisa.

"Thank you for joining us Cecilia, how did you sleep?" Abuela asked before gesturing for Camilo to pass her some bread. "Its a pleasure Abuela, I slept well thanks to Luisa." The entire family turned their head towards the mentioned female as her face turned a bright red.

Cecilia looked at everyone's expressions as she realized how she worded things. "Uh- we only cuddled please don't get the wrong idea!"
Luisa turned an even deeper red as Cecilia placed her face in her hands.

Her head began to pulse again as she felt her jaw clench. "Ow, ow, ow..." She muttered as Dolores whispered into Isabella's ear.

"Cecilia, would you like to come to my room after lunch?" Isabella whispered across the table as Cecilia nodded. "Is everything okay?" Luisa asked her older sister, "Yeah, I just want Cecilia to pick out some flowers for her soap." She awkwardly chuckled. "Well I will be finishing a house for Araceli after lunch so if you decide to stop by just let me know mi amor."

Cecilia nodded as she finished eating her portion of Aijaco. "Isabella is waiting for you in her room." Julieta told the girl taking her empty plate before sending her off to her eldest daughters room.

"Come on in," Isabella smiled as Cecilia looked around her room with curiosity, blue flowers lined the walls with many different types of plants scattered in every direction.

"Do you know why I wanted you to come here?" Isabella asked, "To pick flowers for-" A vine cut her off as she was lifted into the air. "No! That was an excuse so Luisa would let you come. You, my dear, are stressed."

"Stressed? Psh, I am not-"

"Don't give me that." Isabella flicked her wrist as the vines brought her closer to Cecilia who was still entangled in some. "You know, we aren't that different."

"I used to be stuck being perfect, not being able to speak freely on what I want."

"Wait- Really? Isabella.. but look at you! Colorful room, clothes and even hair?!" Cecilia furrowed her eyebrows together as Isabella popped a flower into her mouth.

She then showed Cecilia a framed photo from Antonio's gift ceremony.

"Woah, You look..."

"Different? I know, thanks to Mirabel, I can express myself more freely. Luisa can relax more, our family is more of a family more now then ever. Stress can get to all of us, I mean we are all human."

"Yeah.. I guess you're right."

"Okay well I am always here if you need any advice but let's get your spa time started!"

"Spa?" Isabella's vines then took her to an area surrounded by bushes as she was seated in a soft chair as Isabella rushed to get a face mask on her.

"So, what has been bothering you lately?"

"Um.. okay, well, I was supposed to take a break from my catastrophic life but then Araceli walks in and tries to take Luisa away from me. Who does she think she is!" Cecilia shouts,

"Understandable, maybe you and Luisa should have a talk with her?"

"Isa.. I don't even want to see her. I get it she is my cousin, family but I don't remember her."

Isabella nodded as she painted Cecilia's nails before wiping off her mask and placing a heated towel on her face.

"Well then give yourself time, do you think Marco would want a spa day?" . . . "Cecilia?"

Soft snoring could be heard under the towel as Isabella let out a small laugh, "I'll finish up here." She finished painting Cecilia's nails before finishing by braiding her long hair.

"You can come out now."

Luisa, Marco and Mirabel all popped out from behind a bush. "How did you know she was stressed?"

"I see myself in her, she bottles things up until she can't take it anymore." Isabella sighed, "She can sleep in here until whenever she wakes up. Don't you have a house to be working on?" Luisa scratched the back of her head, "Yeah, let me go finish that."

"What are you two doing here, wait Marco! Would you like a spa day?" Marco nodded, "Sure, I asked Mira to come with me so I didn't just barge into your room, that would be kinda weird." Isabella laughed,

"Anyways let's all give her some space for a bit." They all left as Isabella shut the door, "Have a good rest hermanita."

-