(S2) Chapter 37 Revealed

No one's POV

After returning to the Kingdom with a revived Kaori, who was now in Noint's body, Nhazul, Hajime and the others were taken to the large dinning room. In regards to Shizuku, it was explained that at heart she was Kaori and the body belonged to Noint, for the time being  Liliana urged that they move to a calmer place. However, it wasn't only Shizuku who came, all classmates as well as Aiko and Liliana are attending.

Hajime: Well, lets see...cutting straight to the chase. Using magic, Kaori's soul was protected, Noint's corpse? Remains? Whatever, we restored it and took it over.

Shizuku just stared at Hajime as he gave off his extremely simple explanation.

Shizuku: I see... I don't get it at all...

Kaori: Well, Shizuku. You know that the magic we're using now a degraded version of the forgotten magic from the past called Age of Gods magic, right?

Shizuku: Yes. I've studied some of this world's history. Its the magic that appears in the myth about how this world was created? Rather than the current attribute magic, they were more fundamental in useage wait. Do you mean to say that it's that kind of thing? The Age of Gods magic that Hatake, Nagumo and you guys have is the spirit type a power that allows you to interfere with a person's soul? With that, the spirit of the dead Kaori was protected and settled in a different body right?

Nhazul: As expected, you catch on quick.

For some reason, Kaori was sticking out her chest proudly. In fact, the rate of Shizuku's brain being able to process things was fast, which made Nhazul roll his eyes.

Shizuku: But, why in that body? Was Kaori's body no longer useable? I thought that you guys could somehow manage to heal up the wound that was inflicted on her heart with recovery magic though...

Hajime: Ahh, the truth is, Kaori's body is completely healed and it was possible to return her soul to it.

<<Spirit Magic>> was an incredible  Age of Gods magic where you can literally stay immortally young through continuously fixating your own soul. By "fixating" it was magic which preserved the dead spirit that was interfered with in order to not allow it to deteriorate nor disappear, at first, this was what Tio performed on Kaori. However, it was lucky that Tio made it on time because it's ineffective if several hours pass. Bodies which have started decaying would still cause them to die once again even if they establish themselves because it won't be suitable for survival, however, it'll be possible with a healthy body, it's also possible to leave the wedge of time and become immortal like Miredei Raisen who established herself as a golem.

Obviously this magic isn't so simple that it can be done without proper testing and training. It was successful precisely because Yue and Tio were naturally talented at magic. Even still, it took 5 whole days to properly establish.

Shizuku: Then, why......what happened to Kaori's original body? There must have been some kind of problem then?

Kaori: Shizuku, calm down. I'll explain it properly.

At first, Hajime and Nhazul had attempted to return Kaori's spirit back into her original body which they've healed with Reproduction magic.

However, the one who told them to wait was Kaori. Even while stuck in a spirit state, "Spirit Guidance" can be conducted to communicate with the soul. Kaori who was still in a spirit state, had heard of Meiredi Raisen and requested that she be placed into a golem like her. If it was Hajime, then he should be able to create a powerful golem.

At Sunken Ruins of Melusine, Kaori had realised her own powerlessness, she had no intentions to stay the way that she was now. She also had no intentions to give up standing next to Hajime as well. At that point, she knew that she would easily be killed. Cowardly, miserably, and mortifyingly......if so then, she thought, "what if I tossed away my human body".