Chapter 17: The teacher's assistant

"Izuku," Aizawa called as they walked into the Pussycats' house. "I need to speak with you."

As Izuku trotted over to the underground hero, the Pussycats looked a little unsure. They had been told that Izuku wasn't actually a dog, of course, but they had never seen Izuku in any form but 'dog'. So they weren't certain if Nedzu and Aizawa were being serious when they told the Pussycats about the immortal eldritch forest creature they would be bringing along to the camp. Though, they also weren't certain if Aizawa was one to joke at all about these things.

Aizawa gestures for Izuku to follow and the two walk down a hallway.

The forest thing thought the house and the property were nice. It was big and pretty fancy, but it was homey and cozy. Izuku had been to fancy places before and they weren't exactly the type of place he fit in. Needless to say, he felt a little out of place whenever he went to Momo's home.

The teacher stopped and turned back to Izuku, the forest thing couldn't read his expression and he was starting to wonder if the man was plotting something.

"As my teaching assistant, while we are here, I want you to go into the forest and... help teach" Now the man was smiling and Izuku could only wonder if people felt this uneasy when he smiled as well, the forest thing has been told his smile is a little creepy. "And make sure they don't kill each other or get lost."

Now that, that is something Izuku can do.

Helping lost kids find their way back to safety from the middle of a forest is something the forest thing is somewhat of an expert in and so what if he gets to mess with them a little on the way.

Izuku immediately jumped into action, running out the front door again and heading straight for the forest where his kids were already fighting dust monsters.

Sometimes he forgets the feeling of being in a forest. How just being in a forest makes him stronger, faster, more alert.

Within seconds the forest thing is running full speed through the forest, haphazardly jumping on trees, rocks, and logs. He was so lost in the incredible feeling of running through nature, he only realized he was at his destination when he heard Katsuki scream "Die!!"

Target acquired.

The angry teen exploded a dust monster with his quirk, unaware of the new threat creeping in the bushes of the forest.

As Katsuki hits the ground again after boosting himself up with his quirk, Izuku pounces. He jumps out of the bushes and within a blink of an eye he's grabbed Katsuki by the back of his shirt with his teeth, dragging him back into a bush.

Izuku changes to his human form, continuing to drag Katsuki into the bushes, his kid thrashing and screaming the whole time. The forest thing wondered why none of his classmates were coming to help.

"Boo!" Izuku said as he dropped the blond on the ground and leaned over him with an almost manic grin.

"Dammit, Deku! I should have fucking known!" Katsuki screamed as he jumped to his feet, glaring at his eldritch parent who couldn't stop laughing. "What are you doing here!?"

Izuku manages to stops his laughing, clearing his throat and trying to not burst into a fit of giggles, he answers, "I'm the teaching assistant." His grin was wide and his sharp teeth sparkled in the small amount of sun that broke through the trees above them. "Don't get lost, I'm gonna go see Shouto and mess with the rest of the class. See ya!"

And with that, Izuku ran off.

With the power-up from the forest, he was just a green blur when he ran so he didn't have to worry about the other students seeing him unless he stopped moving.