23

William and I walked into the parts and services room where Henry had fixed up the puppet.

The puppet was sitting on the table looking almost human-like. It sat like a person, legs dangling off the table and its arms were on its sides, supporting its body to sit upright.

The puppet looked in our direction as we entered the room.

It jumped up, almost scared. Its movement seemed fluid like a human's, not robotic like an animatronic.

"Woah, why'd it do that?" I asked Henry.

"I- I don't know? A glitch?"

William approached the lanky black robot. The puppet backed up, looking afraid of him. The puppet ran to Henry, hiding behind him.

There's no way. That's Charlie. She's afraid of William because he killed her but isn't afraid of Henry because he's her Father.

William backed away from the fearful animatronic and lead me out of the room and back into his office.

"(Y/N)! I was correct, there's no doubt in my mind that's Charlie!" His eyes went wide as he smiled. "If we can replicate what we did to Charlie, we can save Evan!"

I was silent. I didn't want to hurt anyone, but I needed Evan to live. I couldn't live with myself if I knew that I could've saved him.

"How do you suggest we replicate that?" I ask.

"We'll have to do the unthinkable."

"Kill someone?" I was scared to even let those words slip from my mouth.

"Yes, it's the only way to get remnant. We need remnant to heal Evan."

"I- I don't know, I don't want to harm anyone.."

"(Y/N), you're just as desperate to save him as I am. Can't you see? This is the only way. The treatment he's undergoing right now isn't doing anything except keeping him alive. If we want to see him live outside that hospital, we'll have to do this." William sighed.

He was right, I was desperate to save Evan.

I nod.

"I guess you're right. This is our only option now."