Chapter 6

Chapter 6

Alaina's POV

I don't think 4PM could come any faster. School just ended and I'm heading straight to my photography club meeting. I have 2 hours to kill before having to meet Harry later. All he's got to do is show Danielle around and then we will go to my house like we planned. As I walked into the classroom where we were having the meeting, I begin to hope that we were going to do something fun like usual but my hopes faded when the club leader, Mrs. Kaiser, said that we have some things to discuss about our upcoming field trip to New York City in the spring.

Just great!

Now that is just going to stress me out. Instead of sitting in the front of the room like I usually do, I took a seat in the back so I won't make myself look obvious that I'm already in a big hurry to get out of here. The whole time I was checking the time on my phone every few minutes, my knee bouncing anxiously, not caring that I was annoying anyone, waiting for it to hit 4PM except it was taking forever.

I'm not sure if I'm going to remember half of what was said during the meeting due to how many times I keep zoning out. All I know is that we're going to the city and that's it. Thankfully we got permission slips for our parents to sign and it explains it all so I can just read it later. Once the meeting was over a little bit before 4, I rushed out of there and made my way downstairs to Harry's locker where he said he'll be waiting for me after.

As I begin to get close, I text him to let him know that I'm on my way and stuff my phone in my coat pocket without waiting for him to reply back. I just want to get out of here. It's now 4 so I'm a little behind. Hopefully he doesn't mind. With my heavy backpack hanging on my one shoulder, I feel it starting to ache and on top of that my legs are killing me as I speed walk down the long hallways. It feels like my entire body is going to give out but I pull through as I keep on walking until I get to the double doors that lead to where his locker is.

Opening up one of the doors, I slip through and let it close behind me as I make a left turn down the hall, expecting to see Harry standing at his locker from afar, except I don't see him there. I frown with confusion and keep walking closer. Strange. Maybe he's also running a little behind too and he'll turn up the same time as me.

However, I thought wrong. I finally stop at his locker and he's still nowhere to be found. I check the time and it's 4:03 and he also hasn't replied to my text. I'm just left on 'delivered'. What the hell? He said he would be here waiting at 4. I know it's 3 minutes but he still said that he would be here after my meeting was finished.

4:05

4:10

4:15

The minutes continue to pass but still no sign of him. Where the hell is he? I begin to feel anxious as I don't see him come around the corner. My heart starts to sink. We literally went over this before school and after, he couldn't have forgotten. He never does, he always remembers things that are important to him. And us hanging out together is one of them. I know something didn't come up and he had a change of plans because he would have told me so already.

4:20

He's 20 minutes late now and he still hasn't responded to my text.

Oh my god.

With shaky hands, I start to try to call him but after I few rings he doesn't pick up so I end the call and text him again. This is not Harry at all, he has never been late for anything before. This school is not as big as it looks so he couldn't have gone far with Danielle. All he was doing was show her around, why is he not here?