Jealousy

Y/n sits up in her chair with a painful groan, rubbing her upper back. Being hunched over a desk for hours doesn't do well for your spine, with her posture makes it that much worse.

She stands, making her way upstairs from the dark basement. Once she enters the harsh overhead light, she squints and shields her sensitive eyes.

"Finally came out of your hiding hole, huh?" Monty says. She rolls her eyes, plopping next to Sun on the couch. It's dark outside, but the solar animatronic is still wandering.

Some nights sun is more reluctant than others to let Moon out, still carrying the fear that he may hurt y/n. But the thought the girl isn't aware of, is sun is jealous of moon.

Sun makes comments about how moon gets to sleep with her, and how he wishes he could do that. Y/n tells him they take naps together, but he simply says it's not the same. She mostly ignores his comments and pass them off as jokes.

"Sun, what are you still doing out?" she asks innocently.

"Oh, that's what I meant to show you, sunshine!" He jumps from sitting criss cross to on his feet in an instant, then running over to the light switch.

He switches it off, the only light being the moonlight pouring through the window panes. But instead of Moon coming out, suns face still remains the same.

"What?" Is all y/n can say as she runs over to him.

"Isn't this great?! Now we can be together all the time!! We can sleep together, and have late night talks, and a SLEEPOVER!!" He shouts for joy, but y/n's smile slowly fades.

"Sun, what about Moon? Is he okay?" His excited expression quickly dampens at the mention of his name.

"Oh, r-right, moon's fine! But look, now we can be together FOREVER!" He grabs her around her waist and leaps into the air, landing at the top of the stairs. Y/n yelps at his quick actions, clinging to his chest.

"Sun-" "goodnight everybody!" He announces, before walking off to their room. Y/n just clings to him, while he jingles happily into the dark room. He hums a familiar upbeat tune, before walking into the pitch black room and shutting the door.

"Sun, how did you do this? An-and why? Where is moon?" She questions but he doesn't answer. Instead he stops humming and stands still.

"Oh my, it's so dark! It's, uh... really dark... oh my..." he slowly lets y/n go, as she slides down to the ground.

Not this again.

She sighs as Sun glances around the room, his head snapping from corner to corner in fear of something creeping up on him.

"I don't like it! Get me out of here!" He covers his eyes, falling to his knees. He curls up against the door, crying into his hands. Y/n crouches in front of him, cupping his round face in her hands.

"Sun, hey, it's okay, sweet boy. You're alright." She smiles gently at him, encouraging him to look up. He slowly stops crying, to then launch himself at her and send them both backwards on the floor. He sits on top of her, clinging to her torso like a baby.

"Ack! Come on, Sunny." She laughs gently, urging him to get up.

She pushes his cold, metal arms off her waist, crawling out from under him with much effort. She lets out a quick breath, before attempting to pull him to his feet.

"You're telling me your afraid of the dark? After all the things we've been through with springtrap??" She says, letting him cling to her arm.

"Yes..." he whimpers, glancing around. She sighs.

"Why don't we turn the lamp on and cuddle. Would you like that?" He sniffs, even though he doesn't even have a nose, and says shakily, "uh-huh..." y/n trips over to the lamp by the corner of the bed, flipping it on.

"Oh, thank goodness!" Sun runs over and falls to his knees, his face inches from the bulb. Y/n slides off her shoes and climbs into bed, gesturing for him to follow. He makes a happy noise before following her, cradling her in his large frame.

"Sun, why don't you want Moon to be out?" Her words make him freeze, followed by excessive stuttering.

"W-well I-I don't- I mean I DO want Moon out, I mean I-I don't NOT want moon o-out... eheh..." y/n looks up at him with a disapproving stare, making him nervously play with his long fingers.

"Sun. What is the issue?" She furrows her brows at him, taking his face in her hands. He sighs, looking up at her.

"I'm afraid..." he says, sitting up.

"Afraid? Of what?" Y/n follows his actions, moving closer as he distances himself from her by standing and walking over to the window.

"I'm afraid moon will do something bad again... he hurt a child once, did I ever tell you that?" Sundrop speaks with an uncharacteristically serious tone, making her grow concerned.

"You didn't..." she stands next to him, as he sits on the ground, making him just below head level.

"There was a child in the daycare... it was nap time, but he didn't want to sleep. So he ran away, and tried to turn the lights on, which would have woken up the other sleeping children. Something happened to moon, he wasn't right. He hurt the kid, he scratched his leg up really bad and dropped him from the air, luckily he landed on a padded area on the floor. That kid never came back to the daycare, and it's a wonder they didn't decommission us. Or moon, at least. He's always been prone to aggression. Like when you first met, he was scary, right?" Y/n nods.

"That's not because he was neglected. It's because he's always been like that. It's on his programming." Y/n thinks for a moment.

"No, it's not." Sun looks over at her, as she's now sitting next to him.

"You two are AI's, right? That means you can think for yourself. You're not crippled by programming, you can think and grow and feel. I don't think moon is a bad guy, or does anything bad on purpose." She rises to her feet, making sun look questioningly up at her.

"And I've got an idea." She smirks.