~26

-(💜💜Let's hope for Jin's safe and speedy recovery💜💜

Warning: Some words and phrases may be upsetting for some readers. Please read with care)-

As soon as I said those words, I looked over at Y/N, who remained silent.

"Are you sure?" She asked me one last time.

I nodded, though I knew she couldn't see me. I stroked her hair with my free hand. "Let it all out. I promise it won't hurt you. If it did, I'll be here to protect you."

I watched as she took a shaky breath and stepped forward. "Alright. Brace yourself."

Wind sprayed in our direction, and a shrill sound pierced the air.

Without warning, broken glass shards appeared everywhere, suspended in midair. Blurry visions and images reflected through the shard, with faint sounds and echoes here and there.

"...I can see them," she mustered, stepping closer to me. I was about to open my mouth to ask which I should uncover, when she lifted a finger and pointed north. "That...that way."

Hand in hand, I led her past the other shards of memories. When we reached the shard, it glowed brightly, and both of us got transported to a different time, a different setting. A memory.

I looked at my body. It was wispy and transparent, like a ghost. Y/N was like that too, though she was more transparent because of her blindfold.

I found myself standing in a hospital room, where a woman sat weeping. A man was beside her, trying to comfort her.

My eyes trailed to a doctor walking towards them, a grave look on her face. When she spoke, it was barely a whisper, but I knew what those words meant. "An Odd."

This time, the weeping woman burst out in wails of tears and cries. Frost covered the empty seats around them. Deadly icicles grew on top of the ceiling. The temperature dropped over a hundred degrees. Her ability was manipulating ice--anything that involves winter.

But my eyes widened when the man started beating up his wife, trying to stop her from causing any more damage. Were these really Y/N's parents?

A few punches and slaps that were hard enough to crush rocks sounded in the room. I closed my eyes. I didn't want to see it.

Finally, silence concluded and the man ordered the nurse to take her to another ward. 

I couldn't believe it. If only this wasn't a memory, I would've reported this to the government. Then again, it was a crappy system, so maybe that wasn't the best thing to do. But still.

And then...I saw her.

Newborn Y/N. Even though I was standing a few feet away, I knew it was her. She looked so precious...so innocent. They didn't have the right to abuse her.

Before I knew it, both me and Y/N were seated at a shiny, black limousine. To my dismay, it wasn't her mother who was holding Y/N but the nurse from the hospital. And even then, they all looked at her with disgust and degrading looks.

The mother's bruises and scratches that she got from her husband were now gone, as if it wasn't even there to begin with. Already, they were acting suspicious.

Finally, we reached a huge mansion. For some reason, it looked vaguely familiar.

I found ourselves in the middle of a great hallway. There was no one in sight, but I noticed a slightly opened door to the left. 

I looked over my shoulder to check on Y/N. So far, she showed no signs of violent reactions, and I hoped it would stay that way.

Peeking through the slit, my heartbeat spiked and I almost walked in.