Strategy & Tension

The brilliant sun peirced through the shroud that was the night; leaving it's warm glow about Fuyuki. And yet these waves of warmth was ever vacant in the Erwood Household. It's tattered halls which were in desperate need of repair only knew pain. The sobs that erupted from it's sole owner. Shrieks of utter sorrow which would forever echo about it's many halls. As Cereys Erwood collapsed to the wood paneled floor the night prior. Sheer agony was all she knew. Blinded her from the hurt placed upon her Servant. Her companion. Her—Her what? Upon this thought entering her mind; Cereys crawled to her feet. Her body worn due to the horrible sleep and the fact she slept on the floor. And yet the pain which ripped through the young woman like a twister was indeed ever present. Perhaps not as intense as prior.

But she felt it. An ever moving source of water of which at anytime would swallow her whole. And there was nothing she could do about it. Cereys slowly shuffled to her bathroom, quickly shutting the door behind her. The frazzled woman gazing at her reflection in the mirror to see her new gaunt appearence. Eyes sunken in and swollen due to the tears she had shed. Sorrow that burst from the young woman, freeing itself and igniting in the wind. Seeking to burn, to destroy, to live, to be...remembered. But why? Gritting her teeth Cereys turned away from her reflection. Struggling to calm her mind and rapid beating heart. What was wrong with her? This wasn't normal for the young Magus.

She was never under such distress for such an outburst prior. No. Cereys Erwood was not this person. Gritting her teeth, the young woman fixed her appearance. Swallowing a lump in her throat as she slowly began to regain her former self. Now was not the time for distraction. No. For she and Lancer would battle against Shinji Matou and Rider for the last time. And Cereys had no desire to fall to such a horrid man. She would have to swallow back the bitter emotions she presently felt and deal with the task at hand.

Collecting herself, Cereys Erwood silently made her way into the dim lit hallway. The floor panels creaking with her every step, leaving any thought of surprise out of the question. He would know she was coming. Someone whom Cereys whole trusted with her life; and yet she still could not forget. Could not ignore the emotions which swelled within her the night prior. Cereys found her breath becoming hitched in her throat as she continued to approach the kitchen. The strong muscular back of the man whom caused her mind and heart to ache was there. He always was.

The Servant with his large calloused hands skillfully crafted a meal for his master. Always thinking of her wellbeing; despite Cereys's own hesitation. Lancer turned to meet his Master's gaze who quickly averted her attention to the ground. Clenching her small hands to her chest. Cereys began to calm her breathing, slowly but surely regaining her composure once more. She then raised her head to meet the red orbs of Cù. Seeking to not caused himself or his Master more discomfort; Lancer placed the plate on the counter before her. Where a delicious omelette lay. "You need to eat." Lancer commented, making his way to his Master's side.

He saw the torment within her eyes. The hesitation that filled her being. Confusing being her wildest dreams. And it had all occured in a single night. Where the ghosts of Lancer's past has returned to plague him. Only this time the deed was portrayed through his current Master. The last emotions of his fallen Master forced upon Cereys. Tears that were not her own. Frustration. Pain. All that was not meant for her. But for him. This was his burden; not hers. And for that he was indeed gravely sorry. For her had seen the strange stir of mana in the room. Sensed the horrid stench of resentment that was not there before.

It was then that Lancer drew closer, his shoulder to the trembling Cereys as he placed a reassuring hand atop of her head. The small sensation brought peace and clarity to Cereys which she eagerly accepted along with the comforting words accompanied by it. "Put last night out of your head, now eat up. We have more important matter to deal with. Right, my Master?" He spoke to her with that charismatic grin on his lips. One that washed away all ill thoughts from Cereys's mind. She found herself smiling even as she nodded. Taking a seat at the bar and quickly diving into her delicious meal. Peace had once again returned.

Lancer smiled to himself, his chest filling with joy at the sight of Cereys returning to her normal self. However what he had said was in fact true. The two indeed had more important matters at hand. The final showdown against Shinji Matou and Rider would come this night. And at Cereys's current skill with runes she was no match. Even with Lancer at her side, she would be at an disadvantage. After Cereys's meal; the two spoke of a plan. One that Lancer was sure she was capable of handling. As he planned to teach Cereys an ancient rune from his time. At first Cereys was of course apprehensive at the suggestion. Magic was different in the times of Kings and God's. Stronger. And deadlier. Which included Runes as well in this category. It was a dangerous feat; but Lancer had full confidence in his Master.

It took quite sometime but due to Lancer's words of confidence; Cereys eventually agreed. Master and Servant immediately beginning the rigid training necessary. Though this was rushed training, the potential within his young Master began to truly shine. To the point that her advancement in her training left Lancer astonished. It was as he believed before the moment he layed eyes on her. She was perfect. The perfect companion. Perfect Master. Perfect for him. She smiled at her new achievement, even jumping up and down. Her joy causing Cù's heart to flutter. She was beauty incarnate; and he refused to see that beauty wither ever again.

Cú would cherish these moments as if we're his last. He would commit her smiles and laughter to memory. And would dedicate his body and soul to see that smile again and again. The brave warrior silently swore upon his Master's glee filled face that he would not fail her again.