seventy three

~~~

~~~

Caroline looked at Pope who had his eyes back on the ship, he looked at Caroline who sent him a smile.

"this shit ain't over." Pope looked at his friends.

"no it ain't." John B shook his head.

everyone got comfortable for the rest of the boat ride, Caroline stayed beside JJ who held onto his hand tightly. after a while the now seven Pogues reached an island, the girls were the first ones off kicking off their shoes and sat on the grass watching the boys pull the lifeboat onto land.

"good job, guys." Sarah told the three, Caroline looked up from her hands that were intertwined.

"whoa." JJ stumbled catching himself.

"JJ, you all right there, buddy?" John B asked the boy.

"yeah. still a little dizzy." JJ cleaned his forehead again.

"okay, anybody know where we're at?" he asked standing besides Caroline.

"nope." she shook her head

"deserted beach. unknown island." Pope said sitting down.

"all right, i'll take that as a no." JJ said, "plan A, huh, Pope? that went well."

"this is the lowest we can go. we literally have nothing else to lose. the cross, gone." Pope turned to his friends upset.

"the gold, gone." Sarah added as Pope threw himself back into the grass.

"seriously, if we had a nickel for every time we got beat up, i'd say we're at a dollar fifty." JJ said starting to carve something onto a tree.

"that's more than i got on me." Kie said.

"same." Caroline nodded undoing her braids letting her hair down.

"that somehow doesn't make me feel better." Sarah pointed out.

"yeah, you're right. but, i mean, we've.. we've had some good stuff happen, right?" John B asked.

Pope looked at John B, "name something."

"um.. uh, the boiler room." John B turned to Cleo who smiled, "what? if the boiler didn't explode, i wouldn't have gotten away from Rafe. i couldn't have gotten the Zodiac and gotten us out of here."