Chapter 27 - Detention

As the new term started, the members of the Order were constantly watching their classmates. They were all looking for proof, or thery were trying to know who the new Death Eaters were. Sirius had talked to Regulus a few times, but he was still hesitant to join Dumbledore.

The members also had a news session once every 3 weeks at the Room of Requirement. Minnie was the head of the meetings, and she informed the teachers and students about what was going on in the real world. Dearborn's parents had already recieved a threat from the Death Eaters, and her family was shifted from London to Glasgow, where they were protected under strong enchantments. Eve recieved letters weekly once from Sherlock (she left Artemis with him for sending letters) telling her that they were safe.

Quidditch season had started, and Eve was made captain of the Gryffindor team. James went to Professor Dumbledore's office to protest, and Dumbledore assured him not worry and that he will get what he deserves as the year passed on. "Tryouts on 19th September! Please register your names with the captain!" Eve said in a sing-song voice to James, and he grumbled at her angrily as he signed up for the tryouts.

As the day of the tryouts came closer, Dumbledore sent a message to her via a 1st year, saying that their first class will be on 19th September, after the tryouts. Eve groaned at the message and grumpily went back to her breakfast.

Eve, Sirius and James were walking back to their dorm to freshen up a bit after the tryouts when they met a few Slytherins on their way. "Oh, look at that! It's our little blood-traitor, and his filthy Mudblood girlfriend, and their pet nerd," the girl said said.

"If it isn't Bellatrix, my most least favourite person in the world," Eve said smiling through gritted teeth as she walked on, holding Sirius' hand very tightly, attempting to control her temper.

"You and your friend that bitch Evans better look out, Mudblood!" Rodolphus and Lucius shouted together, and Eve lost it.

She let go of Sirius' hand, and pounded Lucius' jaw furiously with her fist.

Bellatrix quickly pounced on her and punched her on the nose and Eve retaliated. James was took advantage of the broom he held in his hand, and used it to hit Rodolphus as he went to help his betrothed. Lucius was fighting Sirius.

Eve's nose was bleeding, and Bellatrix took out her wand to hex her, and Eve snatched it from her hand and threw it away, before punching her in the jaw one last time. As Bellatrix tried to fight back, McGonagall walked through the corridor to find 6 students, all bleeding, and Bellatrix with a broken tooth. She led all of them to Dumbledore's office, after taking them to the Hospital Wing.

"Strawberry Cheesecake," Minnie said to the gargoyle, and it moved to show the staircase to the Headmaster's office. She knocked at the door.

"Enter."

"Good Evening, Professor Dumbledore. I found these students fighting in the corridor near 3rd floor."

"Yes, Minerva. I shall speak to them about the matter," Dumbledore said, and Minnie left the room.

"Now, Ms. Black, can you tell me what happened?" He inquired.

"Professor, please, call me Bella," she said, and Eve noticed that she was mocking her. Sirius, who was holding Eve's hand, took a step forward to knock some sense into her, but Eve squeezed his hand and shook her head at him. "You see professor, my friends and I were walking through the corridor when we met Potter, Holmes and my dear cousin," she continued with a big fake smile, "We were having a nice chat when Holmes here suddenly decided to punch Lucius in the jaw-"